Brabyns Preparatory School -Scholarships

Author Topic: College and ASDA's Plans Revealed  (Read 54227 times)

Rachael

Re: College and ASDA's Plans Revealed
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2012, 10:10:36 PM »
Ive had my M.I.A newsletter through the letter box, but thats it ?? ( Woodville Dv )

Miss Marple

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2012, 08:13:13 PM »
Amazon we are the privileged few not everyone has use of the Internet !

amazon

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2012, 08:02:54 PM »
I live on Seven Stiles and Ive just got mine

Is it any different from what's on the website .

Miss Marple

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2012, 07:56:46 PM »
Do you know what it's true ! And the college agreed if ASDA could not get them up in time.   Don't believe me contact CAMSFC  :-*

I do believe you, I mean as if they'd agree to MIA doing their publicity. I'm amazed the college agreed to it TBH.
Sorry HWL I have misread your post.   CAMSFC were going to allow MIA to put banners up to alert the public   It was only when I pointed out that at this short notice it would be two White sheets hand painted and pinned on both sites.      CAMSFC didn't think the sheets would look good and I think Walmart agreed .  Walmart has now informed MIA that banners will be there tomorrow to alert the public.  Which is bad news really as I have already purchased a small tin of black paint from Alan the paint!  Oh well it will save for another day.   

Miss Marple

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2012, 07:32:30 PM »
CAMSFC have emailed MIA to say that ASDA will put a banner up tomorrow !   You couldn't make it up could you.    ;).  Still no leaflet at my address or friends and family around the effected area.  I know Walmart have told me they have delivered 10,000 leaflets but like a fool I forgot to ask where  ???    Come on Walmart try to keep up !

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2012, 05:28:37 PM »
I live on Seven Stiles and Ive just got mine

Harry

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2012, 04:09:08 PM »
Read it into what you will but I am not aware of anyone in the vicinity of the college who have received a leaflet the only person who I am aware of who has received one lives off Windlehust RD     I have spoken to CAMSFC who inform me that the leaflets went last Friday  They appear  to be keeping the consultation very low key.  I wonder why !     Make of this what you will  :-\

Its not a conspiracy. Its just downright incompetence.

Henry_

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2012, 03:58:29 PM »
Do you know what it's true ! And the college agreed if ASDA could not get them up in time.   Don't believe me contact CAMSFC  :-*

I do believe you, I mean as if they'd agree to MIA doing their publicity. I'm amazed the college agreed to it TBH.

Miss Marple

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2012, 03:35:26 PM »

Henry_

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2012, 03:31:35 PM »
MIA have contacted CAMSFC regarding the leaflets.   Walmart /asda have stated that they sent out 10,000 on Friday ?  MIA offered to put banners up on the two campus sites to alert the public to the 2 day consultation period , but Walmart/asda declined our offer and have assured MIA that they will have banners up by tommorow morning.   It has to be said that it's a very poor consultation by Walmart /Asda and CAMSFC when it's opposition has to take the lead and alert the. Community.   

Seriously, as if . . . . ::)

amazon

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2012, 03:29:04 PM »
MIA have contacted CAMSFC regarding the leaflets.   Walmart /asda have stated that they sent out 10,000 on Friday ?  MIA offered to put banners up on the two campus sites to alert the public to the 2 day consultation period , but Walmart/asda declined our offer and have assured MIA that they will have banners up by tommorow morning.   It has to be said that it's a very poor consultation by Walmart /Asda and CAMSFC when it's opposition has to take the lead and alert the. Community.  

I think it was Marple website that has done most to alert the community not Mia .

Henry_

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2012, 03:25:40 PM »
In the ASDA document, it states that it will be "slightly" bigger than the Co-op.
25,000 sq ft sales area as opposed to 17,000 sq ft.
My maths isn't brilliant but that is just less than 50% bigger, so a bit more than slightly bigger.

The questionnaire on the back is an embarrassment.  

For Example.

5 Would the residents have of Marple like cheaper petrol ? No we would like it more expensive if possible please, at least £1.50 a Litre.

6. Asda will safe guard the open space. They have no choice in that do they?              

There is no mention of a Pharmacy as mentioned in previous posts.

I have posted my comments regarding the "alleged" reduction traffic on more than one occasion.
Asda say they only think it will reduce traffic!!!I still disagree.

"Local towns have thrived when a new supermarket has been built".

Bredbury hasn't thrived since Morrisons was built, Bredbury has no centre, there is just more Traffic Jams which are caused by people driving through it partly to get to & from Morrisons.
Hyde, since Asda was built there, the market has nearly vanished and many more smaller shops have closed
or become fast food places.

I honestly don't think we need another supermarket, maybe the ideal solution would be that Asda would take over the Co-op site ?

Admittedly I am biased given where I live, with both the expansion of Buxton and the "proposed" Asda
have I believe give a negative effect on my neighbourhood.

The New Supermarket is a convenience and not a necessity, it does not mean our quality of life will improve or our town will be a better place to live.

Bredbury never thrived before morrisons or Safeway came traffic is not queuing to morrisons it's queuing to get to the motorway that was never built it was like that before morrisons came .

This is going around in circles again but there are several small towns of comparable size to Marple close by - Glossop/Whaley Bridge/Buxton to name just 3 - which have large supermarkets slightly out of their town centres and thriving local shops in the middle. I and many others would expect the same thing to happen in Marple, and appear to have a lot more trust and respect for the traders and Marple than those in opposition to these changes - who seem to think that our local shops will just give up and close.

Miss Marple

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2012, 03:13:58 PM »
MIA have contacted CAMSFC regarding the leaflets.   Walmart /asda have stated that they sent out 10,000 on Friday ?  MIA offered to put banners up on the two campus sites to alert the public to the 2 day consultation period , but Walmart/asda declined our offer and have assured MIA that they will have banners up by tommorow morning.   It has to be said that it's a very poor consultation by Walmart /Asda and CAMSFC when it's opposition has to take the lead and alert the. Community.   

amazon

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 02:44:26 PM »
Read it into what you will but I am not aware of anyone in the vicinity of the college who have received a leaflet the only person who I am aware of who has received one lives off Windlehust RD     I have spoken to CAMSFC who inform me that the leaflets went last Friday  They appear  to be keeping the consultation very low key.  I wonder why !     Make of this what you will  :-\

How can it be low key when you say thousands of people know about it .why do you have to have a leaflet
We have this website .which thousands do use ,

amazon

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 02:39:17 PM »
In the ASDA document, it states that it will be "slightly" bigger than the Co-op.
25,000 sq ft sales area as opposed to 17,000 sq ft.
My maths isn't brilliant but that is just less than 50% bigger, so a bit more than slightly bigger.

The questionnaire on the back is an embarrassment.  

For Example.

5 Would the residents have of Marple like cheaper petrol ? No we would like it more expensive if possible please, at least £1.50 a Litre.

6. Asda will safe guard the open space. They have no choice in that do they?              

There is no mention of a Pharmacy as mentioned in previous posts.

I have posted my comments regarding the "alleged" reduction traffic on more than one occasion.
Asda say they only think it will reduce traffic!!!I still disagree.

"Local towns have thrived when a new supermarket has been built".

Bredbury hasn't thrived since Morrisons was built, Bredbury has no centre, there is just more Traffic Jams which are caused by people driving through it partly to get to & from Morrisons.
Hyde, since Asda was built there, the market has nearly vanished and many more smaller shops have closed
or become fast food places.

I honestly don't think we need another supermarket, maybe the ideal solution would be that Asda would take over the Co-op site ?

Admittedly I am biased given where I live, with both the expansion of Buxton and the "proposed" Asda
have I believe give a negative effect on my neighbourhood.

The New Supermarket is a convenience and not a necessity, it does not mean our quality of life will improve or our town will be a better place to live.
Bredbury never thrived before morrisons or Safeway came traffic is not queuing to morrisons it's queuing to get to the motorway that was never built it was like that before morrisons came .