Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: College and ASDA's Plans Revealed  (Read 54230 times)

tina

Re: College and ASDA's Plans Revealed
« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2012, 06:01:14 PM »
Why were the No group asked to not fill in the questionaire ?   what is the purpose of not filling it in?

I saw people ticking oppose on the questionnaire so thats not quite true

Rachael

« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2012, 05:57:25 PM »
Why were the No group asked to not fill in the questionaire ?   what is the purpose of not filling it in?

tina

« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2012, 05:51:12 PM »
Yes PP I spoke to him yesterday morning, I recognised him straight away, he said he did listen and took all the points into consideration. I told him I was part of the yes campaign and he asked why I didnt mention it at the meeting, but I told him I didnt want to force my views onto the other members of the panel as I think thats unfair as people should be able to express their own views on what they want in their Town.

sgk

« Reply #119 on: July 07, 2012, 05:47:23 PM »
Local blogger Marple Leaf today tweets "Have Asda made me change my mind over Marple store plans?", article at Asda reveals Marple plans.

Rachael

« Reply #118 on: July 07, 2012, 05:45:57 PM »
Tina , did you notice the man who was manning the door,  You and I have seen him before at the focus group we attended on the subject of Marple , he was the one taking notes at the back of the room . ( And there was me saying in the hybrid car survey topic  that the company who want the information do not attend )

What I will say about that focus group , is that Asda definitely listened , the group said they wanted Asda to consult the neighbours with an open day, and they did it . ( that was in just our group, so I'm guessing it was the same opinon  in the many other groups that day )

sgk

« Reply #117 on: July 07, 2012, 05:28:44 PM »
Walmart and CAMSFC agreed to hold the meeting outside due to size of crowd   

Brings back memories of when this all kicked off, "The anger rises over Marple College sell off".

Good turn out considering the short notice etc.

Rachael

« Reply #116 on: July 07, 2012, 05:16:16 PM »
Thanks Amazon, what I will say is that there is no truth in it .

As the Co op, it was an underachieving store, as Asda, it definately isnt, and customer numbers are rising weekly, also Hazel Grove is number one in the region for customer service :)

amazon

« Reply #115 on: July 07, 2012, 05:04:46 PM »
How have you got the information that Asda want to close the Hazel Grove store ?

I was by one of the managers over twelve months ago sorry I don't have the managers name .
They only took iit on because the coop had to offload some of there stores when the took over summer field.

It was posted somewhere on this forum ,

Miss Marple

« Reply #114 on: July 07, 2012, 05:03:13 PM »
Fantastic turn out today (pictures coming soon) given the local events which were taking place as  well as the women's tennis !  Walmart and CAMSFC agreed to hold the meeting outside due to size of crowd   Walmart stated that there would be around 250 cars per hour at peak times and Sat mornings.  We have gathered  a lot more support around the proposed roundabout site ie Edwards Way and Cross Lane.  Shan Alexander turned up so credit where credits due
Walmart stated that they have been surprised at the amount of opposition.   Last night Ms Cassidy stated that she would not live near a supermarket and if ASDA don't get planning she will go with plan B   Mr Hubert (finance )  is leaving possible to join all the others who jumped ship ( but he is an ok guy)   The crowd was very orderly no shouting or swearing but Walmart called the police in case there was trouble, so we had Two Land rovers and 4 police officers, who looked stunned when they arrived to see an orderly crowd.  (great publicity shot ) Walmart security were very nice and accommodated the crowd by assisting people who had mobility issues up the steps.  And the sun shone !  What more could we ask for ....... Well done Marple  ;D

Rachael

« Reply #113 on: July 07, 2012, 04:52:12 PM »
How have you got the information that Asda want to close the Hazel Grove store ?

amazon

« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2012, 04:38:20 PM »
Like wheels, I am now sensing that the MIA's illusion that the majority of local residents oppose the college's plans is now fading. Sure, there are a number of issues around which people continue to have questions and reservations, but talking to people at the exhibition and elsewhere over the past couple of days, I think they are now seeing the benefits and the sheer common sense in the plans.

You know I've been for it since day one idont think people will not shop in marple as well I will still use the coop
If they get ther act together but you go in and they don't have what they are supposed to stock on the shelves
This morning 10.30 no cooked chickens they been put in late and not ready about another hour .dont think that would happen at Asda .

Dave

« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2012, 04:23:52 PM »
Like wheels, I am now sensing that the MIA's illusion that the majority of local residents oppose the college's plans is now fading. Sure, there are a number of issues around which people continue to have questions and reservations, but talking to people at the exhibition and elsewhere over the past couple of days, I think they are now seeing the benefits and the sheer common sense in the plans.

amazon

« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2012, 03:13:54 PM »
I did say that Asda wanted to close  there under performing hazel grove store over twelve months ago it's just not big enough.

Do you know how big the Hazel Grove store is compared to the proposed marple Asda?

No I would say its smaller it used to be the coop .

JMC

« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2012, 03:03:01 PM »
I did say that Asda wanted to close  there under performing hazel grove store over twelve months ago it's just not big enough.

Do you know how big the Hazel Grove store is compared to the proposed marple Asda?

amazon

« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2012, 02:41:43 PM »
I think that there is a strong possibility that ASDA may  close their Hazel Grove Store and if they did god help Windlehurst Rd and upper Hibbert Lane    Be careful what you wish for those who think they will not be effected.  One of the Yes Campaign will now have a roundabout  right outside their front door, if she/he has children this must be a real worry.
It would be my advise to wait before supporting any proposal, we all need to know the full facts from ASDA which they appear not to want to give all at once, preferring to drip feed us , mainly hype .  To say they have no plans for infer structure is infuriating