Marple Community Forum & Noticeboard
September 02, 2014, 02:50:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Main Site

News: Banner Adverts on this site raise £1,000 for Skatepark Project

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Evolution Joinery & Building Work Evolved

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Middlewood Way  (Read 2102 times)
bluebelly

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 07:31:38 AM »

maybe it might be ballest,getting ready for a new train track to be laid.......
wheels

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 02:48:54 PM »

Just got this helpful reply from a Council Officer

Morris Homes, the developer of a nearby development, have recently laid a new sewer along a section of Middlewood Way in Marple.  The works were carried out in agreement with the Council and as part of the reinstatement works, Morris Homes were required to resurface Middlewood to the same specification as the existing  path (tarmac overlaid with chippings) so that it will blend in with the existing path.  As is sometimes the case when roads and paths are surface dressed using chipping, excess chippings have been laid, which as you point out, makes the path difficult to use by cycles and prams / pushchairs.  The Council's Clerk of Works has discussed this issue with Morris Homes with the view of getting the path (and car park) swept to remove the excess chippings and we hope that this work will be carried out as soon as possible (weather permitting).  Following your e-mail, I will contact the site manager to highlight your concerns and request that the works are carried out as soon as possible.

See all you have to do is ask (Nicely)
rsh

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 05:09:26 PM »

Almost a month after the above response and about 7 weeks since it actually re-opened, still no change on the gravel section.

Maybe I'll just take a broom down and sweep it myself?
wheels

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 10:55:22 AM »

I have just received the following email......from a council officer

Morris Homes did carry out some works to removed excess chippings from the path but after visiting the site on my bike to test the condition of the path for myself, I concluded that the work was not sufficient, with an excess of chippings on both the path and on the car park. 

I therefore contacted Morris Homes' Engineer, (I have removed the individuals name here), on the 8th August to request that further works were carried out and to liaise with the Council's Clerk of Works to ensure that the works are carried out to our satisfaction this time.  He has promised to arrange this to be carried out by their sub-contractor in the next few days.  If this does not happen, I will follow it up again.

Sorry for the delay in resolving this issue, but as I am sure you can appreciate, we are reliant on a third-party.

End

I will continue to monitor this.....
Lily

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2012, 10:22:22 AM »

Dear Wheels,

Have you been along the section of the Middlewood Way which you refer to in the previous posting?

It appears that some of the chippings have been removed from the car park area - although, in my opinion, they are still too deep.

It doesn't look as though any chippings have been removed from the path.  Considering they were supposed to reinstate the path to the original specification you only need to walk a few yards along the path for the difference in the two surfaces to be obvious.  Perhaps a man with a brush, shovel and wheelbarrow could pop down from Morris Homes and take the excess away!

Could you contact your 'nice council officer on a bike' to come and have another look please?

Thanks, Lily

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Tweets by @marplewebsite