Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: seats the hollins marple  (Read 5126 times)

Marple Business Forum

Re: seats the hollins marple
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 08:22:31 AM »
You'll be glad to know we're getting somewhere!

The Marple District Centre Partnership are putting together the final pieces of getting the job done.  SMBC have kindly agreed to cover the costs of all the materials needed and we're looking at putting together a work team as we speak.

The Marple District Centre Partnership intends to do all the benches in the District Centre - not just on the Hollins.  The project will include Market Street, Derby Way and Stockport Road.

Watch this space - if we need more help we might be asking for volunteers here (but we're hoping to get enough people together from the Marple Business Forum, Civic Society, etc).

Duke Fame

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 02:28:34 PM »
Given we're into the 'Big Society' why not get a few people to give tehm a once ver. I'd suggest we could get volunteers with perhaps Hollins or the paint shop donating some pots of varnish and paint bruhses and stick a plaque on each one as sponsorship by the shop that donates the paint.

Basically, the effort in correspondence has exceeded the effort needsed to paint a seat.

If the business forum co-ordinates, I'll volunteer.

Duke Fame - a good idea and certainly a possibility (also thanks for the offer of help).

I'll explore and see what we can do.  I'll keep you informed.

Did you get anywhere with this proposal, it would be nice to get it done before the weather changes.

Marple Business Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 08:30:44 AM »
Given we're into the 'Big Society' why not get a few people to give tehm a once ver. I'd suggest we could get volunteers with perhaps Hollins or the paint shop donating some pots of varnish and paint bruhses and stick a plaque on each one as sponsorship by the shop that donates the paint.

Basically, the effort in correspondence has exceeded the effort needsed to paint a seat.

Duke Fame - a good idea and certainly a possibility (also thanks for the offer of help).

I'll explore and see what we can do.  I'll keep you informed.

Duke Fame

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 12:49:32 AM »
Good garden stuff! Elfin Safety, insurance, deciding on the colour and getting a chemical analysis of the paint, CRB-ing the volunteers, feasibilty studies and probably many more things I haven't thought of - the seats would be fossilised by the time SMBC worked its way round that lot. It'd be quicker to wait for the council to do it!

If that turns out to be the case, id be horrified

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 11:46:40 PM »

DIY? Good garden stuff! Elfin Safety, insurance, deciding on the colour and getting a chemical analysis of the paint, CRB-ing the volunteers, feasibilty studies and probably many more things I haven't thought of - the seats would be fossilised by the time SMBC worked its way round that lot. It'd be quicker to wait for the council to do it!

Duke Fame

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 03:31:20 PM »
Hi Amazon - apologises for not updating the thread.

What Admin says is unfortunately true.  The benches were inspected by an SMBC officer who said that they had not reached 'intervention level' yet - which I agree with Admin is ridiculous.

They also said the same about the issues at the entrance to Memorial Park.

I haven't stopped fighting this one yet but it is proving difficult to get a sensible answer as what the 'intervention level' is!  Any extra pressure that can be applied to SMBC on this one would be appreciated.

I'll keep you updated of any progress I make.

Marple Business Forum

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 08:40:36 AM »
Hi Amazon - apologises for not updating the thread.

What Admin says is unfortunately true.  The benches were inspected by an SMBC officer who said that they had not reached 'intervention level' yet - which I agree with Admin is ridiculous.

They also said the same about the issues at the entrance to Memorial Park.

I haven't stopped fighting this one yet but it is proving difficult to get a sensible answer as what the 'intervention level' is!  Any extra pressure that can be applied to SMBC on this one would be appreciated.

I'll keep you updated of any progress I make.

amazon

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 03:15:30 PM »
I've merged your new query with the old thread Amazon. My understanding is that the council have said that the seats concerned do not yet need any maintenance, which I think is laughable. They said the same thing about the pot holes developing at the entrance to Memorial Park (at the interface between the brick entrance and the tarmac road) which is a joke too.

But before possibly over-reacting to what I've heard about the seats please give Michael at MBF the chance to confirm the response that he received from the Area Conditions Officer.

Ok if not I will sort ther are ways and means .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 02:31:31 PM »
I've merged your new query with the old thread Amazon. My understanding is that the council have said that the seats concerned do not yet need any maintenance, which I think is laughable. They said the same thing about the pot holes developing at the entrance to Memorial Park (at the interface between the brick entrance and the tarmac road) which is a joke too.

But before possibly over-reacting to what I've heard about the seats please give Michael at MBF the chance to confirm the response that he received from the Area Conditions Officer.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

Seats the hollins
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 02:20:06 PM »
I did post some few months ago re the seats on the holins being re furnished I know the weather has not been brilliant but can the person that came back to me tell me when they are being done.
They really need removing doing up then brought back .

Marple Business Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 03:43:49 PM »
Sorry marpudlian - it's a hangover from talking to SMBC.  They refer to Stockport centre as the 'Town Centre' so I refer to 'Marple District Centre' with them to ensure no confusion.

marpudlian

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 03:20:17 PM »
Why has the centre of Marple suddenly become known as the Distric Centre?  ??? What is wrong with the village centre or town centre?

amazon

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 02:37:38 PM »
Just to update you Amazon - I sent a list of District Centre issues to the SMBC Area Conditions Officer for Marple at the end of last week.

He's going to raise all the jobs (benches, blocked drains, weeding, etc) with the relevant departments and arrange for everything to be done.  Hopefully the benches will be sorted shortly.

Thanks for your help .

Marple Business Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 07:18:51 AM »
Just to update you Amazon - I sent a list of District Centre issues to the SMBC Area Conditions Officer for Marple at the end of last week.

He's going to raise all the jobs (benches, blocked drains, weeding, etc) with the relevant departments and arrange for everything to be done.  Hopefully the benches will be sorted shortly.

Marple Business Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 09:14:08 AM »
who does one contack re the seats on the hollins they need a bit of a clean up wood preserver etc .[ facing coop chemist Wilson's Greg's

Sorry Amazon - only just noticed this post when My login is Henrietta bumped it.

I'm currently working on a list of District Centre issues that need addressing - I'll include this on it and raise it with the SMBC Area Conditions Officer for Marple.