Marple Blasting Services | Blast Cleaning Stockport

Author Topic: Hybrid Cars- a survey  (Read 2868 times)

wheels

Re: Hybrid Cars- a survey
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 11:50:56 PM »
No it does not, such payments are an everyday part of the industry and are for taking part not for holding any particular view. I don't think you understand the nature and science behind Market Research. Researchers are after honest information which allows them to further develop their product. We are not looking for yes men that service no purpose whatsoever.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 11:06:56 PM »
But a reward for taking part is a perferctly nornal and accepted practive within the Market research industry. What are you on about?
It may be "normal" and it may be "accepted" but it doesn't detract from the assumption that a participant in a survey who is offered a reward for that participation is more likely to say what s/he thinks the research wants him or her to say. Human nature being what it is we all are loathe to be negative about anyone who offers us a "gift".

Rachael

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 09:14:55 AM »
I am also a member of the Market research company that Alan @ Marple is registered with, and I recently was rewarded for giving my views  at a Focus group  at Bredbury hall , and the topic was Living in Marple, and the views of education in Marple,  the local community shops etc , they were very interested in the opinions of the group for  plans  for the college . ... who the company is who wants the information we are not told

I have done several sessions with them over the years, from my views on Wine, to chocolate , to cars etc,  one I even ended up at Arley Hall for my opinions on a new breakfast cereal , my transport was provided, a silver service lunch included and I got rewarded £90.00.

The idea of a focus group is to give honest opinions, whether they be negative or positive, the person leading the group is not directly involved with the company who wants the information , they are just an employee of the research company ........ you can give any opinion you like .

I think Alan  was just trying to give other members the opportunity to attend and get rewarded, as I also got the email inviting me,  the group was only at Strines road, so was local  ... but I don't own a Hybrid car, or plan to get one.

wheels

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 01:39:42 PM »
If any members own or use an electric or Hybrid Motor Car (Prius Honda) and would like to take part in a local focus group meeting. If you  let me have your details by private message ( Name and telephone) I will pass it on to the research company who will contact you. Please be assured that I will not pass this information on to ANYBODY else. I am going to a meeting locally on Thursday, I have met the principles of the company and am satisfied as to the bona fides, incidentally there will be a VERY generous token of appreciation..

Be assured this is not a sales drive, it is a research project which forms part of a european-wide project to gain greater understanding of perception and attitudes towards electric vehicles.

If contributors to this research are being paid - oops, sorry "rewarded" - can the comments they make be considered truly unbiased?

But a reward for taking part is a perferctly nornal and accepted practive within the Market research industry. What are you on about?

alan@marple

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 11:01:50 AM »
Well my answers were unbiased and factual, but the survey also invites people who are seriously minded about possibly buying a duel fuel car and of their expectations.

And by the way the purpose of my posting this item was for the benefit of others on the site who might want to received a handsome reward for their time. It was not to create a discussion or attract a cynical comments- end of!

£50 oh! where did that come from?

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 12:09:30 AM »
If any members own or use an electric or Hybrid Motor Car (Prius Honda) and would like to take part in a local focus group meeting. If you  let me have your details by private message ( Name and telephone) I will pass it on to the research company who will contact you. Please be assured that I will not pass this information on to ANYBODY else. I am going to a meeting locally on Thursday, I have met the principles of the company and am satisfied as to the bona fides, incidentally there will be a VERY generous token of appreciation..

Be assured this is not a sales drive, it is a research project which forms part of a european-wide project to gain greater understanding of perception and attitudes towards electric vehicles.

If contributors to this research are being paid - oops, sorry "rewarded" - can the comments they make be considered truly unbiased?

alan@marple

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 04:30:37 PM »
I won't be able to respond to anymore Pm's about the survey as I am away. But for anyone who has made contact with the company concerned please feel free to pass it on to any other potential Hybrid or Electric duel fuel vehicles.

alan@marple

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 02:41:42 PM »
I got my reward this morning

alan@marple

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 04:08:00 PM »
One reply so far, I have returned the private message and an acknowledgement has been sent.

alan@marple

Hybrid Cars- a survey
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 01:42:27 PM »
If any members own or use an electric or Hybrid Motor Car (Prius Honda) and would like to take part in a local focus group meeting. If you  let me have your details by private message ( Name and telephone) I will pass it on to the research company who will contact you. Please be assured that I will not pass this information on to ANYBODY else. I am going to a meeting locally on Thursday, I have met the principles of the company and am satisfied as to the bona fides, incidentally there will be a VERY generous token of appreciation..