Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: Don't Miss Marple Loyalty Card Discontinued  (Read 2120 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Don't Miss Marple Loyalty Card Discontinued
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 12:23:57 PM »
What a shame that this decision was not deferred until after the result of  Marple's application for a grant for the regeneration of shopping in Marple under the Mary Portas scheme. The scheme advocates any kind of initiative which encourages diverse retailing outlets to work together to survive the onslaught of the huge retailers. I would recommend that you google and read the Portas report: it seems to me to be particularly relevant to small shopping centres such as Marple.
There has been quite a bit of adverse publicity recently about the MP scheme and unreasonable constraints placed on areas accepted for receiving the grant and the privilege of going on the television.

Marple Business Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 01:33:48 PM »
I have read the Portas report - and you're right.  It is particularly relevant to shopping centres such as Marple.

Unfortunately, the Loyalty Card scheme was just to expensive to continue (I understand it wouldn't have been acceptable for Portas funding as this scheme was pre-existing the Portas Pilot application process and they are looking for new initatives).

With the Loyalty Card scheme costing circa £1,400 / year to run and administer it was committing too much of the MBF's limited resources for the relatively small number of users.

However, the MBF is still being pro-active and is working on a new Car Park Reabate Scheme that should go live in the next couple of months - a scheme that should cost less than the Loyalty Card per year yet benefit a larger proportion of visitors.

marplerambler

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 09:29:38 AM »
What a shame that this decision was not deferred until after the result of  Marple's application for a grant for the regeneration of shopping in Marple under the Mary Portas scheme. The scheme advocates any kind of initiative which encourages diverse retailing outlets to work together to survive the onslaught of the huge retailers. I would recommend that you google and read the Portas report: it seems to me to be particularly relevant to small shopping centres such as Marple.

Marple Business Forum

Don't Miss Marple Loyalty Card Discontinued
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 03:26:28 PM »
At the last Marple Business Forum meeting it was decided to discontinue the Don't Miss Marple Loyalty Card.

The last prize draw will take place on Wednesday 4th July 2012 so please make sure you have all your completed cards handed in before that date.

Thank you to everyone who took part in the scheme.