Estate agency, done differently in Marple and District

Author Topic: Scrap metal merchant Railway Road, Rose Hill  (Read 21480 times)

Duke Fame

Re: Scrap metal merchant Railway Road, Rose Hill
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2012, 08:34:41 PM »
Hi everyone - he was there on Saturday, I cycled past him with some family and friends  :-\

Interesting, he wasn't there on Sunday, I was worried the pseudo busy-boddies had got their meddling way

Stockport Classic Bus

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2012, 07:43:02 AM »
Hi everyone - he was there on Saturday, I cycled past him with some family and friends  :-\

amazon

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2012, 10:57:39 PM »
the station car park is for rail users only.

Not there on Friday packed his scrap and gone maybe ,  ;)

jimblob

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2012, 03:43:35 PM »
Well if I have cause to dispose of anything metal at Rose Hill, I usually see our friend in the parking area first. He's a whole lot more willing to help than any of the PPE-clad, hands in pockets operatives at the recycling centre.
As for who owns the land, I suggest a call to Cllr Craig Wright. He's currently involved with the "improvements" in and around the station and the cycle route enhancements so should know who owns what.

Howard

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2012, 04:10:23 PM »
Whether or not they're supposed to be there, they definitely served a useful purpose for me the other day. A tree fell on a swinging garden chair we had in our back garden. It was twisted beyond saving and too bent for me to be able to dismantle it. A quick conversation with the scrap man and ten minutes later two big blokes with a couple of spanners and large hammers turned up to disassemble it and take it away. Result.

Duke Fame

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2012, 01:59:18 PM »
This topic seems to have deviated somewhat from its original subject!  Can anyone else offer an opinion as to the ownership of the land in question?!

Cheers

Steve

Did you speak to the metal man? It seems a happy compromise has been reached & the metal man has moved off the car park area.

Ironically, having visited the tip 2x at the weekend, there were no cars in the car park or in the station car park!

I was reminded to take my old hoover to the chap so perhaps all publicity is good for him.

simonesaffron

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2012, 07:47:55 AM »
This topic seems to have deviated somewhat from its original subject!  Can anyone else offer an opinion as to the ownership of the land in question?!

Cheers

Steve

Steve, if you are really that interested why don't you ask your local Councillor to find out for you. I'm interested in knowing what difference it will make to your life when you actually establish ownership?

You won't get an answer posting on this site. Most posters on here try not to deal in facts. We all prefer rumour, myth, fantasy and innuendo.

shartley

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2012, 11:01:38 PM »

Cheers

Steve

bluebelly

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2012, 12:26:30 PM »
your right, no trains on sunday .just shows how much i know and i work for them, dohhhhh

marveld

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2012, 12:04:28 PM »
yes there is...

Not according to http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

If you try locating a Sunday To/From Rose Hill journey, the website provides times for Monday i.e. the next available day.

Bluebelly - is this how you might have been misinformed?

bluebelly

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2012, 11:14:11 AM »
yes there is...

tina

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2012, 04:34:50 PM »
firstly its private property, secondly northern know everything and there is A train on sunday

No trains on a Sunday from Rose Hill

Duke Fame

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2012, 03:01:42 PM »
Lets hope an ice cream van man doesn't try to apply his trade there as well!!  That would take up another spot ;)

LOL, there will be letters to the council on that one!

bluebelly

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2012, 12:53:29 PM »
firstly its private property, secondly northern know everything and there is A train on sunday

shartley

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 12:17:40 PM »
Interestingly GMWDA also deny that they are the owners of this car park...