To advertise on this site

Author Topic: Conservation BT Style  (Read 6967 times)

pirate Princess

Re: Conservation BT Style
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 01:29:03 PM »
 :D ;D

bat man

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 09:57:51 PM »
 :)I've seen the red phone box in a garden in high lane,it's out of order......

Heritage

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 06:13:25 PM »
£1000 apiece on Ebay so if you see a cheap one somewhere buy it....and sell it on!!

wheels

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 03:25:45 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks these are ugly old things that serve no purpose and are an eyesore?

Heritage

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 03:09:31 PM »
Has anyone actually approached BT about the issue of this phone box or just chatted about it on this forum???

pirate Princess

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 01:55:26 PM »
I didn't realise that there was already a conversation going on about this, Ive been away for a few months and came back the other week. is really sad to see it go, i thought it was protected for some reason. I have seen a red phone box in someones garden in high lane.  ;D

sgk

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 04:10:58 PM »
If there's any other ones left and folk want to avoid them disappearing, then consider adoption.

http://www.payphones.bt.com/adopt_a_kiosk/HTML/payphone/index.htm

"For many towns and villages, the phonebox is part of the community's history and identity. People just don't want to have an empty space where the phonebox once stood.
If you want to protect it for future generations, you can apply to take ownership of it. Then, we'll remove just the phone and leave the box in place."

JMC

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 03:22:46 PM »
It is a shame to see it go!

the rover

Re: red phone box
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 09:18:42 AM »
Erm quick question, where has the red phone box gone outside the ringer bells?   :-\

I've merged your question with an earlier thread where this has already been discussed. I think it is basically BT's way of saving some red paint but as you will see, some agree with that and others don't.

Having previously worked for BT, if a telephone kiosk was not being used sufficently by the public to make it worthwhile financially to continue to spend money on maintaining it then it would be removed from site when it got to a stage where it went faulty. This is what probably happened here, it was probably time for some money to be spent on it and BT decided it wasn't worth it, there is also the cost of the Wayleave to consideras well.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: red phone box
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 08:32:01 PM »
Erm quick question, where has the red phone box gone outside the ringer bells?   :-\

I've merged your question with an earlier thread where this has already been discussed. I think it is basically BT's way of saving some red paint but as you will see, some agree with that and others don't.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

pirate Princess

red phone box
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 08:27:13 PM »

Mr Marple

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 01:49:44 PM »
Sad to see it go. I did see someone inside it just before it went but not sure if it was working or not but the person certainly had the handset to their head so I can only presume it works or they knew it was going.

wheels

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 12:52:25 PM »
Oh good an ugly red box that served no purpose other than as a urinal. No thanks get rid.

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 10:50:37 AM »
Up to a few years ago... not looked for a while.. there was a list in planning of all the boxes that were removed so I think stockport council will have known that it was being removed some time before it went and maybe could have objected?  or at least asked for it to be left without a phone.   

Jay

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 03:22:13 PM »
http://www.marple-uk.com/smf/index.php?topic=1330.0 Tried to save it but no one was intrested. Unless they've taken it away to dip it in a bucket of paint to restore it I guess that's the last we'll see of it!  ???