Marple Community Forum & Noticeboard
August 28, 2014, 12:01:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Main Site

News: Banner Adverts on this site raise £1,000 for Skatepark Project

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

The Bell at the Ring o' Bells

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Accident Glosop road .  (Read 1721 times)
amazon

« on: August 12, 2012, 01:42:04 PM »

Anybody any info about the accident at the top Glosop road outside the two pubs on Thursday .
David Myers

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 06:32:02 PM »

Anybody any info about the accident at the top Glossop road outside the two pubs on Thursday .
A motor cyclist was seriously hurt when he approached from glossop and then discovered stationary traffic on the blind bend,(due to road re-bodging!) and overshot head on into a freelander, he then hit a hgv and a car.

On reopening the police said he's was stable and not in as much danger as they thought, I've heard rumours that he died but don't think this is a true fact, just Chinese whispers!

amazon

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 08:04:40 PM »

Anybody any info about the accident at the top Glossop road outside the two pubs on Thursday .
A motor cyclist was seriously hurt when he approached from glossop and then discovered stationary traffic on the blind bend,(due to road re-bodging!) and overshot head on into a freelander, he then hit a hgv and a car.

On reopening the police said he's was stable and not in as much danger as they thought, I've heard rumours that he died but don't think this is a true fact, just Chinese whispers!

Thanks for that hope he's ok .
hawkphil

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 06:22:08 PM »

Yeah Chinese whispers indeed. The motorcyclist in question was my son. He is certainly alive and kicking, at least he was until he got his two rather average A level results this morning. 4 cracked ribs, a broken forefinger and thumb, and massively bruised ego (not to mention the 3 points and £60 fine for crossing the double white lines) Many thanks to the kind locals who stopped to offer him some help. In the meantime who starts these chilling rumours?
David Myers

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 08:14:14 PM »

So glad he is OK, such a relief! I'm sure even though he was over the line, a large amount of blame should be put on the road contractors as their signage and traffic management was very poor and inadequate for the road and conditions.  Smiley

Harry

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 09:29:57 PM »

I'm pleased to hear that he's okay.

Three cracked ribs? He has my sympathy. I cracked a couple of ribs a few years back (actually the  opposing prop cracked them) and it was agony for months. Couldn't laugh, cough or turn over in bed without pain. Hope I never do that again.

"Nothing is infinite, except the universe and stupid people, and sometimes, I doubt the universe."
--- Albert Einstein
heather

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 07:21:26 PM »

so glad to hear hes ok when he feels better hug him a little tighter

and i said to the man who stood at the gate of the year    give me a light so i may tread safely into the unknown
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Tweets by @marplewebsite