Self Catering Holiday Cottages in
Marple, Stockport & Cheshire

Author Topic: Scrap metal merchant Railway Road, Rose Hill  (Read 21528 times)

PhilB

Re: Scrap metal merchant Railway Road, Rose Hill
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 07:26:07 AM »
Lets hope an ice cream van man doesn't try to apply his trade there as well!!  That would take up another spot ;)

Howard

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 07:18:10 PM »
the station car park is for rail users only.

Firstly, it's never full. Secondly, how do they know you're on the train or not? Thirdly, there are no trains from RH on Sunday; are you still not allowed to use it?

What a lot of boring people .

Personally I thought it was a valid point, but you're absolutely entitled not to read or comment on threads you find boring.

Howard

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 03:13:27 PM »

Firstly, it's never full. Secondly, how do they know you're on the train or not? Thirdly, there are no trains from RH on Sunday; are you still not allowed to use it?

bluebelly

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 12:58:46 PM »

Duke Fame

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 10:20:42 AM »
The car park on railway road is often full at weekends, particularly when the middlewood way is fully open. as for the council not being responsible, I contacted the council a few months ago about 2 cars which appeared to be abandoned there (untaxed) and they were moved within 2 weeks.

Whilst that area is often full, the car park at the station is never full, there is a lot of capacity for people with cars & bikes.

chicken lady

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 08:29:23 AM »
The car park on railway road is often full at weekends, particularly when the middlewood way is fully open. as for the council not being responsible, I contacted the council a few months ago about 2 cars which appeared to be abandoned there (untaxed) and they were moved within 2 weeks.

bat man

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 09:21:35 PM »
This car park is never full so what harm is the scrap man doing.".:-)

Heritage

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 10:14:33 AM »
Let's agree to stop!!

simonesaffron

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 09:35:08 AM »
Is it seriously the case that we are truly bothered about the scrap metal bloke? Surely the guys who work at the tip...sorry, community recycling facility...would have nobbled this guy were he posing a public nuisance or breaking some statutory bye-law. As for hand-wringing about whether or not he pays the VAT man...well...methinks some people doth protest too much....

Heritage, we're all "hand-wringers" on here - including you and me. Why else would we be commenting about this "issue" on this site, Saturday Night & Sunday Morning? 

Heritage

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 09:35:50 PM »
Is it seriously the case that we are truly bothered about the scrap metal bloke? Surely the guys who work at the tip...sorry, community recycling facility...would have nobbled this guy were he posing a public nuisance or breaking some statutory bye-law. As for hand-wringing about whether or not he pays the VAT man...well...methinks some people doth protest too much....

marveld

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 05:10:56 PM »
I can't see why you're bothered Steve. He's recycling a few thing, giving them an extra bit of life and offering a fairly cheap solution so someone doesn't have to import another white good. Furthermore, he's not on the dole and the government hasn't had to invent ajob for him to have a living so everyone's a winner.

Ok the Cycle path has one less parking space but there is an empty car park just next door. 

Duke - Steve was claiming he was taking several parking slots, not one. I've no idea if he's claiming dole or not whilst having a pitch at Rose Hill (not my business). You seem to know for a fact he isn't claiming! Hmmmm, I'm sure you know it all.

Duke Fame

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 02:00:07 PM »
I can't see why you're bothered Steve. He's recycling a few thing, giving them an extra bit of life and offering a fairly cheap solution so someone doesn't have to import another white good. Furthermore, he's not on the dole and the government hasn't had to invent ajob for him to have a living so everyone's a winner.

Ok the Cycle path has one less parking space but there is an empty car park just next door. 

amazon

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 06:49:17 PM »
Absolutely spot-on. Let's stop the middle class hand wringing, timid 'does anyone know...' forum-speak, and just ask people straight about things!

Be carefully they are not bigger than you of coarse .

Heritage

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 06:03:59 PM »
Absolutely spot-on. Let's stop the middle class hand wringing, timid 'does anyone know...' forum-speak, and just ask people straight about things!

Duke Fame

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 03:37:29 PM »
Why don't you just ask the guy on Sunday. It seems to me that he's just doing a but of recycling and making an honest bob in the process. I'm all for enterprise.