Self Catering Holiday Cottages in
Marple, Stockport & Cheshire

Author Topic: Marco Marco at former Spring Gardens  (Read 8150 times)

bluebelly

Re: Marco Marco at former Spring Gardens
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 09:48:16 AM »
decided to give it a try on friday night with my familey.
had a fantastic meal,fantastic staff who made it feel like a special night , they were great with the kids.
will be going back again soon

guy

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 04:55:46 PM »
We went for lunch there the other day. The food was good, the service was good also, although a little formal. But it was expensive, especially for lunch, so we decided we would not go again for lunch. What annoyed us was that when I saw their website a couple of days later they do offer a good value fixed price lunch menu - but we were only given the main menu, no mention of the special lunchtime menu.

Marplemum

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 03:39:44 PM »
Eaten twice here now.  Once on a midweek night -  it was surprisingly busy for a Wednesday night and the other time was a Saturday night which was even busier.  It has a nice buzzy atmosphere and although the food isn't amazing, it is good and I would definitely go again.  I'm sure a lot of the small issues are teething problems and will be resolved in time.

gazwhite

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 02:12:37 PM »
Hiya Blue, majority of the place is tables - presume they are just for dining at - they have a bar area just on the right as you go through the front door - also loads of seating outside at the back and covered seating on the upper level at the back - all very nice.

G

bluebelly

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 08:00:57 AM »
hi gaz, can you have a drink anywere or is there area you have to be in and what are the prices like ?

gazwhite

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 04:28:02 PM »
Gave the new Marco Marco a bash yesterday evening (Sunday)... sat on the decking out back - very nice drinks... sampled some Garlic Bread and fries... very good.  Could do with some patio heaters.  Great redecoration job - can't wait to eat there properly.

jcc

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 12:04:51 AM »
A great addition to the choice of places to eat in the Marple Bridge area. It is nice to see the Spring Gardens rescued and the Pizza's are the best in the area. Booked in again next Friday!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Marco Marco Italian Restaurant at former Spring Gardens
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 11:38:25 AM »
I was pleased to receive an invite to the opening of the new Marco Marco at the former Spring Gardens Pub on Compstall Road last night. The free glass of champagne and Italian Buffet was very enjoyable and the staff and management were very friendly. The singer was good too, nice voice but could still hear yourselves talking.

They've made a good job of redecorating, the menu looks interesting and they seem like they will be (grand)child friendly, so we'll definitely be going back with the family to give them a try.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Iona

Re: The Spring Gardens
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 03:48:16 PM »
It's expected to open around 3 July.

jcc

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 10:51:52 PM »
It looks like the competition is hotting up in the Marple Bridge area with the Norfolk starting to do food and now an Italian at the Spring Gardens - great news more choice and variety.

rickyracoon

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 12:20:37 PM »
It looks like the Spring Gardens is going to become "Marco Marco" Italian restaurant. They have two other locations in Lymm and Northwich, both of which were pub to restaurant conversions. From looking at the website should be a welcome addition.
http://www.marcomarco.co.uk/

Barbara

Marco Marco at former Spring Gardens
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 06:18:17 PM »
I noticed on my way past that things are happening at the Spring Gardens.  From the appearance of the banner going up it looks as if it may be becoming an Italian restaurant.  Anybody got any info? :)