Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Linked Events

• First ever Marple parkrun: May 26, 2012

Author Topic: Marple parkrun - Every Saturday in Brabyns Park  (Read 10751 times)

Dizzy Penguin

Re: Marple parkrun - Every Saturday in Brabyns Park
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2015, 08:40:19 AM »
:-)

I'm going to join this. Cheers!

Mr Marple

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 10:48:27 PM »
Marple Parkrun

Duke Fame

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 11:24:38 AM »
Hello,
The Marple page is now available at www.parkrun.org.uk/marple

You can register there and set Marple to your homepage.

Thanks
James Kemp
Event Director
Marple parkrun

Well done to those who organised it, I went week one to see the course etc, I was a little hungover to actually run but will do next week. It looked very well organised considering it was the first week.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 07:49:52 PM »
Important message for Marple parkrun participants from the local police:

Hello Mark,

Not sure if you are the person to speak to, I believe the run at Brabyns last Saturday is going to be a regular thing ??

there were three vehicles broken into at the time of the run, windows smashed to get at valuables in the vehicles.

we would like you to get a message to the runners not to leave valuables in their vehicles and certainly not leave them in sight of any possible offender

Many thanks Bernie

Bernadette Kenyon
Police Community Support Officer
J division - EAST NPT- Marple
Greater Manchester Police
Tel: 0161 856 9792 or 0161 427 0115
Ext : 69792
Email: Bernadette.kenyon@gmp.police.uk
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Marple parkrun

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 05:18:56 PM »
Hello,
The Marple page is now available at www.parkrun.org.uk/marple

You can register there and set Marple to your homepage.

Thanks
James Kemp
Event Director
Marple parkrun

Marple parkrun

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 04:54:12 PM »
Hi there,

The page is not on www.parkrun.com and you cannot choose it as your home run yet.

You can register with another local run (Woodbank or Bramhall) until it is up. I am told it will be up with a week or two to go.

As for parking, I will be encouraging people to walk, cycle, run, use public transport and car share. There is parking over the road and the station overflow which has loads of spaces on a Saturday morning. Everyone will be gone by 10 am.

Feel free if you have any questions. This event is for everyone in the Marple community and really is open to all.

James
Event Director
Marple parkrun

Duke Fame

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 10:40:46 AM »
I think the car parks in the park will be full, park in the coop and jog down. The Bramhall run is very well supported.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 04:32:30 PM »
I just expected 'Marple' to be there since it's now being advertised.

That's a good point. I've asked James to clarify when the Marple parkrun page will be set up on the parkrun site.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

marveld

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 02:46:03 PM »
On the registration page, there is a "Home Run" drop-down.

"Home Run - We ask all runners where their home run is, because we like to know where our new runners are likely to be each week, and it also helps us to identify you. But you can still run at whichever event you want, whenever you want."

You're right - you can select another run e.g. "Woodbank" to register and change it to "Marple" when it becomes available to make this your 'Home'.

I just expected 'Marple' to be there since it's now being advertised.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 02:01:29 PM »
Marveld - I don't think you register for a particular parkrun, you simply register on the site to go to any of them.

See here: http://www.parkrun.org.uk/register
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

marveld

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 01:32:12 PM »
Thanks for the info. If I'm fit enough I will make an effort to take part. I have noticed that the Park Run website does not have any details of this event yet, so you cannot register.

I have a question - are the Marple Bridge and Brabyns car parks already pretty full on Sat mornings (8am - 9am) due to football matches? (or is the footy on a Sunday?)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Marple parkrun - Every Saturday in Brabyns Park
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 06:20:50 AM »
The first ever Marple parkrun will be held on Saturday 26 May at 9am in Brabyns Park and then every Saturday thereafter.

parkrun is a a free, timed, 5k run and ANYONE can join in. It is open to all in the community and parkruns get people of all ages and abilities. It is part of a world-wide phenemenon which has grown from 1 park in London in 2004 to over 120 worldwide, including over 100 in the UK alone.

Runners need to register at www.parkrun.com, print off their barcode and turn up. When they cross the finishing line, they get their barcode scanned and their time is recorded and emailed/texted to them within a few hours.

Runners are rewarded with Adidas T-Shirts at 10 (juniors only), 50, 100 and 250 runs.

It is run by volunteers and we ask that each runner volunteers three times a year. Volunteering roles include marshalling, timing and scanning barcodes. Volunteering really engenders the community spirit.

It must also be said that Marple parkrun would not be happening without initial funding from Stockport NHS.

This is the third parkrun in the Stockport area, with Bramhall Park and Woodbank Park already well established.

Marple parkrun has a facebook page with more information, including the route through Brabyns Park here:

http://www.facebook.com/marpleparkrun

James Kemp
Event Director
Marple parkrun.

Posted on behalf of Marple parkrun

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website