Cole and Fox Interior Design Marple | Romiley | Stockport

Author Topic: Street party maple bridge  (Read 3463 times)

gazwhite

Re: Street party maple bridge
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 06:17:59 PM »
Hi,

I was one of the main event organisers, along with Karl Guare, others from the Marple Bridge Association and our event partners Magic-I and LFJ.

The weather this year was a let down but we were amazed by the turn out despite the rain.  We had approx 120 tables that seat 6 easily and 8 at a push, there were about 2-3 empty tables left over.  A number of families brought their own tables again.  It was fantastic to see the British stiff upper lip attitude and party goers not be beaten by our climate.

Again we had media attention, resulting in pictures from the event circulating around the globe.  We've traced pictures as far as Canada and the Far East!

The day enabled us to offer stall pitches to Ludworth PTA and Compstall Cricket Club - both local good causes looking to raise money independently.

The majority of day visitors left at around 7pm and the street felt rather empy compared to hours earlier - to our amazement as we packed tables into the delivery van, Town Street filled out again around the main stage and guests danced the night away.

As planned the event finished ontime and the clean up operation commenced.  This was continued into the next day.

Thanks to all of our guests who supported us!  Feedback has been totally positive so far.  If anyone has any individual comments, feedback or messages, please don't hesitate to drop me a mail - white.gareth@hotmail.com

Gareth White
Vice Chairman
Marple Bridge Association

Marplemum

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 05:30:24 PM »
We went a little later than planned due to the awful weather.  However despite the weather conditions the community spirit prevailed and everyone looked as though they were determined to enjoy it no matter what.  I confess that we spent most of the time under a canopy or in the Norfolk or Libbys.  We stayed until the bitter end (around 10 pm) and it was great to see the younger (and some older!) members of the village dancing in the middle of Town Street to the music at the very end of the evening.  I'm glad we went as such a lot of work goes into these events behind the scenes and the Marple Bridge Association are to be congratulated once again for their organisation.  It's disappointing when the weather isn't on your side but it will still be remembered as a thoroughly good 'do'!

simonesaffron

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 06:58:35 AM »
I went towards late afternoon. The pubs looked very busy although I didn't actually go inside the Midland, I find the service in there poor under normality let alone on Jubilee Day.There were a lot of people in both the Norfolk and the Scot. I overheard some of the organisers saying that the street turnout was smaller and shorter than expected because of the bad weather, which was a shame but these events are of course much governed by weather.   

amazon

Street party maple bridge
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 10:54:52 PM »
Did any one go was it busy etc .