To advertise on this site

Paving and Driveways in Marple, Stockport

Author Topic: Moving to Marple ......... schools?  (Read 11228 times)

simonesaffron

Re: Moving to Marple ......... schools?
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 07:44:57 AM »
If you are planning to move to Marple Bridge there are 5 schools in your LEA Catchment. Mellor,St Mary's RC,Ludworth,All Saints & Rosehill.
As far as subscription is concerned, you will need to be of the Catholic faith to gain a place at St Mary's. So if you're not (and I am guessing that you are not) that's that one eliminated.

It is my understanding that Mellor,Ludworth and All Saints are permanently over-subscribed to whereas Rosehill is not. In oversimplified terms Rosehill is an amalgam of three Marple schools which will move into a newbuild school in September this year. I think that it is true to say that if we were ranking the four through Ofsted, then Rosehill would be fourth. Although Ofsted ofen creates more problems than it solves but that's another story, and I guess that it hasn't been easy for children and adults given the circumstances of the "newbuild".

Last year, two friends of mine applied for Ludworth and All Saints respectively. They both lived within Yards of their choice and Rosehill was the furthest away from both of them. They were rejected places at Ludworth and All Saints and offered places at Rosehill. They both appealed and both appeals were dismissed. Their childen are now at Rosehill. So if you are coming to Marple, then there is a very good chance that your children will be offered places at Rosehill with no other alternative in the area.     

jen123

Moving to Marple ......... schools?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 08:55:11 PM »
Hi everybody,

I have read thoroughly the previous thread about moving to Marple so I wont ask you all to confirm how lovely it is again  :)

I was wondering however if anybody knew anything more about the schools, namely are they hugely over subscribed?  I have looked at the ofsted reports for the four that are surrounding Marple Bridge and they are obviously good but just wanted to know what general idea of it was?

We have two daughters one currently in reception and one due to start reception next September, we were looking at moving to Marple Bridge by August this year.

Thanks for reading xx