A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: Band Stand Memorial Park  (Read 7202 times)

Neil Smith

Re: Band Stand Memorial Park
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2012, 11:18:03 PM »

Big society & a whip-round? Companies can sponsor it with a little 10-year plaque, we must have a few builders who will do a reduced price for a good cause and rhe local band members must be prepared to throw a bit of graft in?

You make it sound so easy Duke. Why don't you crack on and get it sorted? The band members are already putting their graft in on the Bandroom project at the moment, which is why they see campaigning for a bandstand at this time to be a dilution of their efforts.

If they had a band stand/somewhere to play they can take there music to the "punters" and raise the much needed funds.

I don't think playing in Market St is any good as people are busy shopping (ie getting it over and done with) why not do it in the park, people can take a pick nic etc and make a day of it.

I visit Buxton park at least once a month and there is more often than not a band on with people walking about with buckets collecting money. On a nice day it is packed with people watching.

Duke Fame

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2012, 10:58:52 PM »
If you are serious Duke I will help you fund raise and I am sure more people would get on board once it's up and running ! 22,000 residents £2.00 each and we are nearly there plus the help of local builders ? What do you think  ???

And planing permission and. Health and safety .more chance of having a Supermarket built.

No problem, well class it as a conservatory, no need for planning. Twen-twen-twenty four hour party people doo doo do do

Tricky

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2012, 10:34:12 PM »
Personally I don't see the value in a traditional bandstand..

Perhaps we should consider something more versatile like this (on a smaller scale though)

then all sorts of entertainers could use it.
meh

amazon

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2012, 06:39:42 PM »
If you are serious Duke I will help you fund raise and I am sure more people would get on board once it's up and running ! 22,000 residents £2.00 each and we are nearly there plus the help of local builders ? What do you think  ???

And planing permission and. Health and safety .more chance of having a Supermarket built.

Miss Marple

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 10:48:57 PM »

amazon

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 09:32:30 PM »
No Alan, I'm serious. If the brass band don't want a stand for the band then why not make the stand for other genres who are prepared to graft?

I reckon it just needs a power supply into a concrete base which can form foundations for some wooden uprights. Stick on a roof and we have a band stand. Put a meter on the electricity supply and bands can feed the mter with cash to play. It could be a 24 hr open mic party.

Sorry duke it will entail tomany problems .mainly the council .is not just a matter of throwing a few bricks around .ist a nightmare when the time comes iam sure it will be looked at properly and go through the right channels ,so for now forget it ,

Duke Fame

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 01:22:11 PM »
The deal .supermarket ...Bandstand .

If the deal goes through (and I personally hope it doesn't) then I would expect the community to get at least a major upgrade to the Skate Park, not just a band stand.

Big society & a whip-round? Companies can sponsor it with a little 10-year plaque, we must have a few builders who will do a reduced price for a good cause and rhe local band members must be prepared to throw a bit of graft in?

You make it sound so easy Duke. Why don't you crack on and get it sorted? The band members are already putting their graft in on the Bandroom project at the moment, which is why they see campaigning for a bandstand at this time to be a dilution of their efforts.

If it's not a priority for the bands, I suspect it shouldn't be for the rest of us.

I'd also be saddened if the band stand was just for brass bands, there are indy bands, grage bands, gangster rap performers who should all have use of a publicc facility.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 08:43:12 PM »

If the deal goes through (and I personally hope it doesn't) then I would expect the community to get at least a major upgrade to the Skate Park, not just a band stand.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 02:46:23 PM »
Out of curiosity I had a quick look on Google..

http://www.chad.co.uk/lifestyle/new-bandstand-for-carr-bank-park-in-mansfield-1-4104250

"..£183,000..."

or

http://www.thisisalton.co.uk/2012/03/19/new-bandstand-for-alton-town-council-seek-your-views/

"Several months ago Alton Town Council asked for ideas on how the Royal occasion could be permanently commemorated in the town and a new bandstand was a clear favourite, also scoring well in another consultation on how to spend funds secured from Tesco’s arrival in the town.
Given the likely cost, estimated at around £50,000, the idea of a new bandstand was originally thought to be over ambitious."

Duke Fame

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 12:35:21 PM »

http://www.chad.co.uk/lifestyle/new-bandstand-for-carr-bank-park-in-mansfield-1-4104250

"..£183,000..."

or

http://www.thisisalton.co.uk/2012/03/19/new-bandstand-for-alton-town-council-seek-your-views/

"Several months ago Alton Town Council asked for ideas on how the Royal occasion could be permanently commemorated in the town and a new bandstand was a clear favourite, also scoring well in another consultation on how to spend funds secured from Tesco’s arrival in the town.
Given the likely cost, estimated at around £50,000, the idea of a new bandstand was originally thought to be over ambitious."

Tricky

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 10:34:26 PM »

"..£183,000..."

or

meh

Miss Marple

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 10:17:27 PM »
Just out of interest , how much does a Band Stand cost ? I wouldn't  know where to even look ?

amazon

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 08:46:10 PM »
How could we get one ? Can you apply for a lottery grant or something ?

Lottery grants not easy .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 08:40:41 PM »
The FOMMP have explored this with Marple Bands some time ago but they are focused on their campaign to raise funds for the Bandroom and feel that trying to also raise money for a bandstand would dilute their efforts. I think that is probably correct and and at the moment the timing is not right for this. But it is part of the Vision for Marple and once Marple Bands have fully established their new home in the park then a bandstand would potentially be another great addition to the park.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Miss Marple

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 08:25:54 PM »
How could we get one ? Can you apply for a lottery grant or something ?