Paul Whittaker Plumbing

Author Topic: New railings on Hogarth Road  (Read 2265 times)

gazwhite

Re: New railings on Hogarth Road
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 01:28:57 PM »
I remember around the early 90's a man cutting the grass going right over the edge and landing in the cab of an HGV - had been round our house at the time if I remember correctly - will check with the old lady tonight.

I do however think they are probably there as a health and safety gone mad measure.  Wonder how long before a transit pick up pulls up and steals them to 'weigh in'.

Osdog

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 03:25:02 PM »
I'm so glad it's not just me thinking this.....

When was the last time we saw anyone on that bit - oh.... that would be never then....

Wall looks great, railings look stupid.. IMHO

amazon

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 04:09:02 PM »
Really love all the work that has been done on the retaining walls in the surrounding areas however I wonder if they now have a little too much left over.  The council have raised the wall height at the entrance to Hogarth and put some coping stones on top.  All well and good - if they sandblast the existing wall to match it will look quite nice.  However they have now added a really ugly metal fence on top.  Now is this to stop people going down the slope and jumping onto the road - something I have never witnessed in all my twenty-five years plus of living in the area?  At the risk of sounding like a Daily Mail reader is this health and safety gone mad!

. Agree never yet Seen anybody on that slope .even the grass cutters keep away to steep .

Deniseam

New railings on Hogarth Road
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 01:49:15 PM »
Really love all the work that has been done on the retaining walls in the surrounding areas however I wonder if they now have a little too much left over.  The council have raised the wall height at the entrance to Hogarth and put some coping stones on top.  All well and good - if they sandblast the existing wall to match it will look quite nice.  However they have now added a really ugly metal fence on top.  Now is this to stop people going down the slope and jumping onto the road - something I have never witnessed in all my twenty-five years plus of living in the area?  At the risk of sounding like a Daily Mail reader is this health and safety gone mad!