Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: Marple area chippies  (Read 31783 times)

gazwhite

Re: Marple area chippies
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2012, 12:41:30 PM »
....and it was a new range!

Steve at the chippy has put his hand in his pocket and invested in a new piece of equipment - it's a monster!  Confirmed it means waiting times reduced at busy times as he can now do more at the same time.

Enjoyed my tea from there on Tues evening and can confirm the produce is still as tasty as ever! 

gazwhite

« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2012, 11:36:21 AM »
Something going on at the Town Street Fryer.... looks like Steve's invested in a brand spanking new 'range' - more room for frying his lovely fish I understand.... which means quicker at busy periods!

Good on him.... will be sampling it tonight.

bluebelly

« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2012, 08:09:44 AM »
tottaly agree with you gaz.

gazwhite

« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2012, 04:40:36 PM »
"What when it opens at 5.30 pm !  If you think running out of fish after 30 mins is good management then you clearly have low standards"

It opens at 4.30pm until 7.30pm normallly by the looks of the sign on the door - so 6pm would be a good half way into a shift I'd say.  Like all places I guess on that particular day the guys at the Town Street Fryer had a very busy evening. 

I'd be more concerned if they never ran out of fish - much like the meat trade, the piece you eat does not arrive at the shop ready to go - it needs to be prepared/cut - the fact they ran out is a sign of quality, fresh produce and careful preperation rather than poor management.  I tend to go in once a week and they generally don't run out unless very busy - and then it's only at the very end of the evening.

Said it before, and I'll say it again - best in the area.

gazwhite

« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2012, 04:29:16 PM »
Over the years I have had chips from many a chippy both locallay and nationwide, due to my work not being based in one plaice!!  For me the best chips I have ever had are from Town Street Fryer and cannot recommend this establishment enough, for service, quality, and cleanliness.  Well Done team and keep up the great work! :-*

" Nationwide " are you having a laugh ?  You clearly haven't travelled very far !

I bet you a tenner he has...

bluebelly

« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2012, 10:34:37 AM »
why are you so grumpy griffy.

The Giffer

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2012, 12:56:02 AM »
Over the years I have had chips from many a chippy both locallay and nationwide, due to my work not being based in one plaice!!  For me the best chips I have ever had are from Town Street Fryer and cannot recommend this establishment enough, for service, quality, and cleanliness.  Well Done team and keep up the great work! :-*

" Nationwide " are you having a laugh ?  You clearly haven't travelled very far !

The Giffer

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2012, 12:52:23 AM »
Sorry Boys & Girls... I've tried em' all, and Town Street Fryer is the winner.

Not sure how much of  a winner it can be when it runs out of fish at 6.00pm on a Saturday evening - very mediocre and pricey .
If they ran out of fish they must have been busy .ithink that speaks for itself .

What when it opens at 5.30 pm !  If you think running out of fish after 30 mins is good management then you clearly have low standards

bluebelly

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2012, 11:08:45 AM »
whent to town street last night , proper fish and chips and served with a smile.

David myers

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2012, 07:58:57 AM »

Howard

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2012, 06:03:23 PM »
Maybe start a new thread relevant to the point.

Gaz, thanks for the suggestion. I have merged the two chippy threads into this one.

gazwhite

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2012, 05:12:22 PM »
Well today I was going to try some lunchtime chips, I noticed that the chippy had a grade 5 listing which was displayed in the window
issued by Stockport MBC. As I looked through the window I saw the lady at the cooking range attending to the cooking, she had long hair hanging over the range and whatever was cooking. Had she been wearing protective headwear to prevent hair falling into the chips, I might have gone in, but on seeing that- I changed my mind- not hygienic to my mind.

I hasten to add it was NOT the Town Street fryer, so as I can't mention the name on this site, work it out and take a look next time you pass a chippy

Alan - maybe you should remove your comment as people often don't get as far as the last paragraph before they stop reading.  This thread is called 'NEW CHIPPY IN MARPLE BRIDGE' so people may be forgiven for believing the offending establishment is in Marple Bridge - when it is not.

Maybe start a new thread relevant to the point.

I assume you've taken it upon yourself to inform the Scores on the Doors chaps at the Town Hall of this cooking crime?

gazwhite

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2012, 04:50:26 PM »
I think when thinking about the price you need to consider the quality of the product and the consideration the establishement takes for our environment.

A great example of this is my preferred chippy, the Town Street Fryer.  They will wrap your purchase however you request but commonly, or if to 'eat now' your food comes in a container - these are bio-degradeable and cause no long term impact if they end up as litter, or if they end up on land fill.  They can also keep tabs on (if) how much litter is generated if customers throw packaging on the floor - I see nothing from the Town Street Fryer anywhere in the village - I say this with confidence because I regularly litter pick the area with the Marple Bridge Association.

Quality of product - what does the menu say?.... Hopefully like at the Town Street Fryer the fish is named on the menu boards - for example COD... or ..HADDOCK... watch out next time your in a chippy - if the menu simply states... 'fish' or 'white fish' the chances are the establishment are using something known as Panga... or Vietnamiese Cat Fish - this comes from fish wholesalers at a very, very cheap price and a profitable alternative to Cod.  The fish is farmed from polluted rivers and typically lives on sewage - although nothing is proven there are many horror stories about this poor substitute.

One comment I found on Panga read:

"What appears is shocking. Horror stories of it originating from a highly polluted Mekong river, containing high level poisons, being frozen in contaminated river water and injected with hormones derived from urine.  So there it was, a ranting, ‘don’t even go there’ article in the making, a nauseus feeling from the thought of what I’d eaten, and most recently, uneaten fillets in the garbage."

Think I'll have fish and chips for tea!

Peace Out.

alan@marple

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2012, 12:53:55 AM »
The other evening my wife and I had a romantic supper, sat in the car park in the moonlight We had one portion of fish and chips between us served nicely in a container with forks and sauces, served by pleasant staff all wearing protective clothing

Absolutely Delicious! and where was this wonderfull chippy?
Town St, Marple Bridge.

To get any praise from me, it's got to be good!

Well done Town St Fryer!

ringi

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2012, 11:16:59 PM »
The only time we are likely to use a take away is when we don’t have time to cook; this is normally when we are late home for some reason.   It is odd that fish and chip shops shut so early.

Are there any that are open late in Marple?