Paul Whittaker Plumbing

Author Topic: Marple Bridge Christies -> now Dutsons  (Read 9654 times)

mcfc

Re: Marple Bridge Christies -> now Dutsons
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2012, 06:00:45 PM »
Reg! Christies Coffee shop Marple Bridge People need to realise that it is now new management and that things change !! Regarding children at Dutsons all children welcome and they will endeavour to fullfill your requirements !! I found them very welcome and i hope they do well! All staff very nice and why cant children get used to eating olives and chorizo sausage instead of basics!!!

Agreed been in a couple of times and found it very pleasant. Different to Christie's which I found equally as nice. We're on the up !

mumsie

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2012, 08:34:30 PM »
Reg! Christies Coffee shop Marple Bridge People need to realise that it is now new management and that things change !! Regarding children at Dutsons all children welcome and they will endeavour to fullfill your requirements !! I found them very welcome and i hope they do well! All staff very nice and why cant children get used to eating olives and chorizo sausage instead of basics!!!

Blossom

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2012, 08:03:45 PM »
When we are out with the dogs we are very partial to a take out coffee.  It was 90p at Christies, I hope it doesn't double at Dutsons but I fear it might.  Still, I might be surprised.

Well I am very happy to say that we had our first take out coffee from Dutsons today and the price was £1.  Very nice coffee it was as well, as was the Marple Bridge cake (their version of an eccles cake) which was delicious.  Take out bacon, sausage or egg barm - £2.50, which is fine.  Very impressed so far, will definitely be calling in again.

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2012, 07:50:39 PM »
Ditto Miss C.. as a parent of 2 fussy eaters, another that eats only unprocessed food and anything stuffed with everything healthy and another one who is somewhere in between, I like to go to a cafe for a treat, that involves ridding myself of the hell that is teatime but also so my children enjoy themselves !

Miss C

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2012, 01:23:30 PM »
Just to be clear, although we re going off thread I think, mini C eats a wide variety of food but is a toddler and associated going to that particular cafe with having beans on toast or sausages. That's all. Not sure it warrants the food police out in force telling me how children should be fed! Although I do have to admit I haven't offered him pheasant stew yet, Henrietta!

Heritage

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2012, 07:47:42 AM »
I agree Henrietta - I never can fathom why people assume that children have to have cheese on toast/ beans on toast/ fish fingers/ other random bland food....our kids have been lucky enough to eat around the world from being tiny tots and are now avid fans of global cuisine despite still being primary school ages! They'd have an authentic curry or some jambalaya any day over nuggets! But the same effects can be achieved just be giving them properly made foods in the home....ancient man never needed chicken nuggets or fish fingers!!  8)

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2012, 03:20:03 AM »
I agree, I wish them well- I noticed all the wine on display as I passed tonight. I also liked Christies though- I love Libby's but Christies menu was much more child friendly. I hope that along with all the lovely delicatessen food, they also keep the beans on toast on the menu!! Good luck Dutsons and please remember the children!
In my experience, allowing for genuine dislike for certain foods (kippers and bananas for me), children like the foods we train them to like, whether that is beans on toast or pheasant casserole, and it is unfair to them and does them an ill-service, to narrow their taste horizons to foods heavily advertised as "suitable" for children. Let 'em have a go at the "lovely delicatessen food". You might be surprised!

Miss C

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 08:21:33 PM »
Well, we had nothing for dinner tonight and didn't feel like takeaway so Mr C wandered down to Dutsons and picked up some meats and cheeses and peppers etc. They even sold him some bread, although they don't usually do that- think it's for their sandwiches. I guess you'd be hard pressed to compete with Libbys lovely bread. Anyway, it was all lovely and and I'm looking forward to lunch or coffee there this weekend - and discovering if they meet the mini C's approval (ie can he have beans and toast or sausages?!)
Well done to Dutsons -  Marple Bridge is a great place to live  :D

Heritage

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 01:44:20 PM »
I have called into Dutsons too and agree that it's good....as for The Midland, fair play to it - it does what it says on the tin and does it well. Gentle competition from The Norfolk can only be a good thing.

Miss C

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 07:58:23 PM »
Sunday opening is great news- I've often thought it would be lovely to wander down to Libbys for brunch on Sunday- maybe Dutsons can fill that gap.

Marplemum

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 05:15:04 PM »
Gone off thread a bit here in replying to earlier message about the Midland.  But on the subject of Dutson's, I have been in this week.  Very impressed with the set up.  Extensive menu in the cafe, nice atmosphere, still welcoming for small children.  Also open on a Sunday which is good news.  I wish them every success.

Marplemum

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 05:11:37 PM »
A little unfair, Heritage.  I think the food at the Midland is fine and we have enjoyed numerous meals there, along with other locals.  It is always busy, which in itself must mean that most are happy with it.  We were there on Mother's Day with a party of 10 and despite the pub being completely full with families and their mothers, we had a great meal and excellent service.  None of which breaks the bank.  It is reasonable food for a reasonable price.  No complaints from me.  I look forward with interest to the restaurant opening up above the Norfolk which I believe will be up and running in around 4 weeks time.  It won't do the Midland any harm to have a bit of competition and it will be nice to have another choice of where to eat in the village.

Heritage

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 04:54:41 PM »
Be nice to have a new chef at The Midland....they can bring a new flair to re-heating Brake Bros pre-prepared foods!!

jcc

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 10:01:51 PM »
The Rumour on the street suggests the owner of 'Christies' has successfully transitioned to being a 'Lady of Leisure' and Landlord! She can now be seen regularly as a customer of 'Dutsons' drinking their fine Coffees. I also heard a rumour that she is soon to be viewing properties in Italy to spend some of her extensive leisure time. Good luck to the Dutson Brothers who have brought much needed charm to the Cafe scene in Marple Bridge.

amazon

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 12:53:00 PM »
Good luck to the owners of they wanted to turn their back on a profitable vibrant cafe and do something new....am only jealous! I suspect though that in reality it would be hard to turn in a decent profit based on the menu they offered in the changing times of cafe culture in the area...I went myself several times but in the end it seemed dark, creaky and in need of updating desperately. The fact a place is full doesn't mean it's profitable if the model's not right. Still - good luck to the new owners and the old ones too.....

Heard that the midland had a change of staff new chef manager etc '.