A M Photo-Graphics

Author Topic: Camp site on Brabyns Park.. but at least we ll get a public loo?  (Read 7423 times)

Dave

Re: Camp site on Brabyns Park.. but at least we ll get a public loo?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 08:17:29 AM »
Sounds like a very good idea to me.

Lisa Oldham

Camp site on Brabyns Park.. but at least we ll get a public loo?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 11:38:22 PM »
A local dog walker who is involved in ongoing discussions with Stockport council regarding several issue in the park informed me the other day that the council are intending to grant themselves a licence next week to make Brabyns park an official camp site!!

This we believe is to get last certain legal issues with hosting the many summer dog shows on the park.

Now I have an issue with the dog shows because of the  hap hazard and disorganised camping, the horrendous damage to the road that is caused every time and the abuse that every day park users have to put up with as discussed at other times on here.

however granting themselves a license to turn it into a designated camp site without public consultation opens it up to all sorts of abuse!  Potentially being used by  other even less organised groups and events.

And of course if its a designated campsite, and considering the size, then surely it will be acceptable and impossible to refuse access to travellers of any sort?

but still..a silver lining!!  They'll have to build some loos and maintain them wont they?