Marple leaf... I agree.. we should stand by our guns and vote for our beliefs and it is sad that not many people in Marple seem to do that! I've had many conversations over the years where people have voted liberal d because "better the devil you know"! this fills me with horror.. especially when more conversation makes me realise they re really Labour supporters! Got to congratulate the Liberals at least for having such a big effect there!! A labour vote is wasted here...
For many years now I've voted Green, not necessarily because I'm overly Green, but because they have no real interest in getting into parliament because IF they ever do it ll be a long time coming. As a result their candidates are never career politicians, just people who care and want to do a good job and the few Green councillors that there are across the country are very good and very popular with their communities.
However.. I really want change in Marple. Stockport council will I think remain Liberal at least this time. The vote right here isn't going to have a big impact nationally however the negativity and betrayal that people feel towards the liberal s nationally I hope WILL have an impact. I think this is one time I may well vote with my head and not my heart just simply because I want something to change right here and i want fresh blood, and this is the best opportunity we've had.... but for who? The last numbers do suggest I should vote Tory, but this is a different time and place and many may place a protest vote against the Tories too.
I don't understand the Lisa, surely vote for whom you agree with. Even if you haven't fully understood the issues and end up voting thicko labour, at least it means voting for someone you want to win.
Personally, on a national basis I pretty much support the coalition given the circumstances but locally I want someone who'll address the waste on the council and reduce taxation.
The good news for everyone, I feel like standing next time and I'm dead popular too.
If you want want someone who'll address the waste on the council and reduce taxation,
I believe myself and the Conservatives are the best choice, here are just a few reasons:
1. In 2010, we were the only party that pledged to freeze council tax, and we have done so for the past two years.
3. Your council tax is likely to be less under a Conservative council (such as Trafford) then a Labour or Lib Dem council.
6. Conservatives also pledged to show you how councils spend your money by making them open up their books.
4. Councils will now have to vote on big pay packets, consequently Chief Executives are paid less then their predecessors'.
5. The government is devolving power to local councils, giving councils more power and therefore making them more accountable.
6. As I run a company I am always looking to make it run more efficiently, and I will work to do the same with the council.