Marple Community Forum & Noticeboard
September 18, 2014, 02:37:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Main Site

News: Banner Adverts on this site raise £1,000 for Skatepark Project

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Drama Classes for Children and Young People in Marple

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Local election candidates announced  (Read 9346 times)
simonesaffron

« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2012, 07:32:31 AM »

As I said it is a fair fight between Shan and Carl.

Speaking of fair fights, I think that reference to her accident is below the belt and she's got my sympathy. Neither am I interested in her punishment, what do you expect, that she should break rocks in the hot sun? Who cares about her alleged actions as governor of Marple College. I'm not even sure what they are supposed to be. If you've got a problem with it ask her.

I have got some questions for her and if she wants the votes in my house she'll have to answer them, but Councillors won't use this website (a point against them) so I'll have to find another way.

However you Carl will use the site (a point in your favour) so if you would be so kind.

1/ Is it true that you are 21 years of age and that you still live with your mum?

2/  What is all this stuff about a tramline to Marple - where have you got it from?

simonesaffron

« Reply #91 on: April 16, 2012, 07:42:00 AM »

Carl, sorry I forgot to ask this one. Previously you said that you had to send your address for "approval". Approval to whom? Surely you can write your own addresses. We don't want a Councillor who has to keep seeking "approval". Can you explain, perhaps I 've misunderstood.

simonesaffron

« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2012, 03:51:20 PM »

Carl, it was actually 783 votes for Labour last year, the 380 that you cited was for UKIP.
Carl Rydings

Conservative Candidate, Marple South (2012)

« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2012, 10:04:59 PM »

Carl, it was actually 783 votes for Labour last year, the 380 that you cited was for UKIP.

I stand corrected, the data on Stockport Council's website has the numbers next to the wrong candidate,
as you can see here: http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/mgElectionAreaResults.aspx?ID=34
Carl Rydings

« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2012, 10:10:12 PM »

Carl, sorry I forgot to ask this one. Previously you said that you had to send your address for "approval". Approval to whom? Surely you can write your own addresses. We don't want a Councillor who has to keep seeking "approval". Can you explain, perhaps I 've misunderstood.

I do write my own Election Address and all my leaflets. However, it has to be checked by my
Election Agent first as he is responsibly for what I put out - every candidate has to do this.
Carl Rydings

« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2012, 10:18:13 PM »

As I said it is a fair fight between Shan and Carl.

Speaking of fair fights, I think that reference to her accident is below the belt and she's got my sympathy. Neither am I interested in her punishment, what do you expect, that she should break rocks in the hot sun? Who cares about her alleged actions as governor of Marple College. I'm not even sure what they are supposed to be. If you've got a problem with it ask her.

I have got some questions for her and if she wants the votes in my house she'll have to answer them, but Councillors won't use this website (a point against them) so I'll have to find another way.

However you Carl will use the site (a point in your favour) so if you would be so kind.

1/ Is it true that you are 21 years of age and that you still live with your mum?

2/  What is all this stuff about a tramline to Marple - where have you got it from?

1. Yes, I am 21 years of age and I do live with my parents.

2. From the Conservative Candidate in Marple North, Annette Finnie. If you would
like more information on the proposal, please contact her: annette_finnie@live.co.uk
simonesaffron

« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2012, 11:20:50 PM »

Hello Carl,

Thank - you for taking the time and putting in the effort to answer my questions. Whether we agree or disagree, your comments are noted and  much appreciated.
Carl Rydings

« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2012, 11:24:18 PM »

Hello Carl,

Thank - you for taking the time and putting in the effort to answer my questions. Whether we agree or disagree, your comments are noted and  much appreciated.

No problem, I hope everyone is finding the answers helpful.
tigerman

« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2012, 02:15:15 PM »

I'm sure there are many more Labour supporters like myself in Marple who have voted tactically to keep the greater of the two evils out, though its hard to tell the difference between the Libs and the Tories since the Coalition was formed.  I for one will never vote Liberal ever again after their duplicity at national level.
amazon

« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2012, 02:25:32 PM »

I'm sure there are many more Labour supporters like myself in Marple who have voted tactically to keep the greater of the two evils out, though its hard to tell the difference between the Libs and the Tories since the Coalition was formed.  I for one will never vote Liberal ever again after their duplicity at national level.

I agree with you there tony .certanly won't be voting for chandler .caused a lot of problems at the not to far from you cricket club .
simonesaffron

« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2012, 05:12:05 PM »

I agree with you there tony .certanly won't be voting for chandler .caused a lot of problems at the not to far from you cricket club .

What problems are these?
simonesaffron

« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2012, 06:05:05 PM »

I do write my own Election Address and all my leaflets. However, it has to be checked by my
Election Agent first as he is responsibly for what I put out - every candidate has to do this.

Carl, when you say every candidate do you mean EVERY candidate or just every Conservative Candidate?
Duke Fame

« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2012, 06:25:25 PM »

Carl, when you say every candidate do you mean EVERY candidate or just every Conservative Candidate?

If you stand under a party banner, be that BNP, Respect, Labour, Lib Dem, Conservative or UKIP - you have to pass your paraphonalia through the party, essntially you are using their headed paper, what you publish will reflect on that party. Independents can of course do as they wish.

Just a little question Simon, can I ask if you are completely unconnected to any candidates or are you perhaps someone who is helping / offering help to a certain Labour Candidate's campaign?
simonesaffron

« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2012, 06:27:19 PM »

Hello tonysheldon,

As I have said before I think that there is a major difference between between National Elections and Local ones'.

I must admit even though I could see why, for party survival LibDems joined the coalition, I could not understand the way that they seemed to behave once they were in it. Some of their actions were little short of treason and could not be justified even for their own survival. This time last year I would have voted for Joe Stalin before I would have voted LibDems. 

However one year one from that they are doing steadily better. I think that they are standing up for themselves and to the Conservatives. It aslo has to be said that they don't have any press support unlike the other two parties.

At the moment I am glad that they are there and very much glad that the Conservatives are not there on their own.So I think that I'll keep an open mind on it until we get closer to the next General Election.
In locals I'll vote for the Candidate irrespective of party.

Duke Fame

« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2012, 06:33:09 PM »

Not sure of the duplicity. The Lib Dems can only deal with the hand they are dealt. They didn't have hte budget to do the 'nice' things that they'd have liked. The Lib dems are a broad church, they may have social democrats but they are also liberals and a liberal economy is at the heart of things that the likes of David Laws preached before the election and within governement.

If you vote Lib Dems because you want Labour, don't be surprised if you end up with Lib Dems.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
  Print  

Jump to:  

Tweets by @marplewebsite