Lawler & Co - Marple's Local Independent Estate Agent for Sales and Lettings

Author Topic: Local election candidates announced  (Read 46430 times)

amazon

Re: Local election candidates announced
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2012, 02:25:32 PM »
I'm sure there are many more Labour supporters like myself in Marple who have voted tactically to keep the greater of the two evils out, though its hard to tell the difference between the Libs and the Tories since the Coalition was formed.  I for one will never vote Liberal ever again after their duplicity at national level.

I agree with you there tony .certanly won't be voting for chandler .caused a lot of problems at the not to far from you cricket club .

tigerman

« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2012, 02:15:15 PM »
I'm sure there are many more Labour supporters like myself in Marple who have voted tactically to keep the greater of the two evils out, though its hard to tell the difference between the Libs and the Tories since the Coalition was formed.  I for one will never vote Liberal ever again after their duplicity at national level.

Carl Rydings

« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2012, 11:24:18 PM »
Hello Carl,

Thank - you for taking the time and putting in the effort to answer my questions. Whether we agree or disagree, your comments are noted and  much appreciated.

No problem, I hope everyone is finding the answers helpful.

simonesaffron

« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2012, 11:20:50 PM »
Hello Carl,

Thank - you for taking the time and putting in the effort to answer my questions. Whether we agree or disagree, your comments are noted and  much appreciated.

Carl Rydings

« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2012, 10:18:13 PM »
As I said it is a fair fight between Shan and Carl.

Speaking of fair fights, I think that reference to her accident is below the belt and she's got my sympathy. Neither am I interested in her punishment, what do you expect, that she should break rocks in the hot sun? Who cares about her alleged actions as governor of Marple College. I'm not even sure what they are supposed to be. If you've got a problem with it ask her.

I have got some questions for her and if she wants the votes in my house she'll have to answer them, but Councillors won't use this website (a point against them) so I'll have to find another way.

However you Carl will use the site (a point in your favour) so if you would be so kind.

1/ Is it true that you are 21 years of age and that you still live with your mum?

2/  What is all this stuff about a tramline to Marple - where have you got it from?

1. Yes, I am 21 years of age and I do live with my parents.

2. From the Conservative Candidate in Marple North, Annette Finnie. If you would
like more information on the proposal, please contact her: annette_finnie@live.co.uk

Carl Rydings

« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2012, 10:10:12 PM »

Carl, sorry I forgot to ask this one. Previously you said that you had to send your address for "approval". Approval to whom? Surely you can write your own addresses. We don't want a Councillor who has to keep seeking "approval". Can you explain, perhaps I 've misunderstood.

I do write my own Election Address and all my leaflets. However, it has to be checked by my
Election Agent first as he is responsibly for what I put out - every candidate has to do this.

Carl Rydings

« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2012, 10:04:59 PM »
Carl, it was actually 783 votes for Labour last year, the 380 that you cited was for UKIP.

I stand corrected, the data on Stockport Council's website has the numbers next to the wrong candidate,
as you can see here: http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/mgElectionAreaResults.aspx?ID=34

simonesaffron

« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2012, 03:51:20 PM »
Carl, it was actually 783 votes for Labour last year, the 380 that you cited was for UKIP.

simonesaffron

« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2012, 07:42:00 AM »

Carl, sorry I forgot to ask this one. Previously you said that you had to send your address for "approval". Approval to whom? Surely you can write your own addresses. We don't want a Councillor who has to keep seeking "approval". Can you explain, perhaps I 've misunderstood.

simonesaffron

« Reply #91 on: April 16, 2012, 07:32:31 AM »
As I said it is a fair fight between Shan and Carl.

Speaking of fair fights, I think that reference to her accident is below the belt and she's got my sympathy. Neither am I interested in her punishment, what do you expect, that she should break rocks in the hot sun? Who cares about her alleged actions as governor of Marple College. I'm not even sure what they are supposed to be. If you've got a problem with it ask her.

I have got some questions for her and if she wants the votes in my house she'll have to answer them, but Councillors won't use this website (a point against them) so I'll have to find another way.

However you Carl will use the site (a point in your favour) so if you would be so kind.

1/ Is it true that you are 21 years of age and that you still live with your mum?

2/  What is all this stuff about a tramline to Marple - where have you got it from?

simonesaffron

« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2012, 04:22:46 PM »
I don't want to start challenging my elders and betters already but I can't fathom what some of these posts have got to do with local candidates.

In local elections I always vote for the candidate and not the party. Councillors do play party politics at the Town Hall but National Policies don't come into it that much.

Last year we had a blank sheet - all new candidates with no incumbent. Any vote in Marple that isn't Conservative or LibDem is going to be wasted, so I figured I'd vote for one of them. I didn't know anything about the conservative candidate, in fact I can't now remember his name - I wrote to him and asked him some stuff (nothing to personal) but he didn't reply. To this day I've never even seen him. Now Councillor Kev, I know him, I'm always seeing him around Marple, he lives in Marple, he's got a business in Marple, a couple of kids, his wife is a very high - ranking local government officer, but we won't hold that against him - so I VOTED FOR HIM.

This year is a bit different but again for me it is between Shan and Carl, I've not made up my mind yet.

Duke Fame

« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2012, 08:58:04 PM »
No political party actually sets out to make people poor, although sometimes (eg now) we have governments who manage to achieve it anyway!

Seriously? Labour works on the basis of keeping people down. Ideally they want people to be grateful for the crumbs of a public sector token job which is constantly under threat from the more liberal side of politics.

It's called control.

Dave

« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2012, 07:12:23 PM »
No political party actually sets out to make people poor, although sometimes (eg now) we have governments who manage to achieve it anyway!

Duke Fame

« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2012, 01:25:30 PM »
where as lib/con goverment do the opposite for the rich?

No, the coalition govrnemtn so far apear to be helpng the lowest earners keep the money they earn, rawarding effort, that's something I wholeheartedly agree with.

bluebelly

« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2012, 01:18:16 PM »
where as lib/con goverment do the opposite for the rich?