Marple Community Forum & Noticeboard
November 27, 2014, 09:08:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Main Site

News: Banner Adverts on this site raise £1,000 for Skatepark Project

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Flexible ServiceDesk Solutions for your business

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Local election candidates announced  (Read 10237 times)
Steptoe and Son

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 10:22:39 AM »

Does  anyone know if Shan Alexander ever did the community hours she was sentenced to.  Given at that time she was a magistrate I doubt her peers would have sent her shovelling slack down pit ! So just what did she do to undertake her community hours  Undecided. Does anyone know  Huh

Really, some of the posts on here are getting worryingly low.  Why don't you contact her and ask?

Personal remark removed from this post. Howard
Steptoe and Son

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2012, 10:29:06 AM »

To my mind the best candidate is Carl Rydings.

Why?
Howard
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2012, 10:50:49 AM »

remind yourselfs that councillors are on extreamly good wages,new laptops and phones and other percs of the job,so they will be no great rush to leave thier posts

Local councillors don't get wages, they get expenses. Many of them have jobs outside their council positions.  Laptops and phones provided by the council are for council business only. Propagating the myth that local politicians do nothing for huge rewards does nothing for your argument.

Howard
Duke Fame

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2012, 11:26:35 AM »

Does  anyone know if Shan Alexander ever did the community hours she was sentenced to.  Given at that time she was a magistrate I doubt her peers would have sent her shovelling slack down pit ! So just what did she do to undertake her community hours  Undecided. Does anyone know  Huh

It's irrelevant surely, afaik she had an awful accident that anyone could have had & whilst punished, I suspect shed do anything to turn back the clock.

I'm with steptoe, If you disagree with her politics, say why and present your alternative.
Carl Rydings

Conservative Candidate, Marple South (2012)

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 12:29:19 PM »

I'm torn between you & Shan Carl. My main concern is if the Town Hall turns Labour.
We just need to see the wasters and priorities over in Manchester to understand the harm that can be done.

I would hate to see Stockport Council go Labour, if we win the seats we want to in May we are likely to be on par with Labour,
in terms of number of councillors. We will end up having a fair amount of power, as we have good relations with some of
the independents, I can assure you no one in our group is a waster and I believe we have the right priorities.

Everyone across the Ward will be seeing my election address over the next few weeks, as soon as I have it back from
approval, I will link to it for you all to see and comment on, I will be happy to answer any questions you have from it.
Duke Fame

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 12:36:13 PM »

I'm torn between you & Shan Carl. My main concern is if the Town Hall turns Labour.
We just need to see the wasters and priorities over in Manchester to understand the harm that can be done.

I would hate to see Stockport Council go Labour, if we win the seats we want to in May we are likely to be on par with Labour,
in terms of number of councillors. We will end up having a fair amount of power, as we have good relations with some of
the independents, I can assure you no one in our group is a waster and I believe we have the right priorities.

Everyone across the Ward will be seeing my election address over the next few weeks, as soon as I have it back from
approval, I will link to it for you all to see and comment on, I will be happy to answer any questions you have from it.

Carl, I don't think your lot will waste our council tax, the lib dems seem to be fairly steady. It's the Labour lot that have the track record of wastefulness and profligate spending.
Miss Marple

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2012, 12:49:49 PM »

Does  anyone know if Shan Alexander ever did the community hours she was sentenced to.  Given at that time she was a magistrate I doubt her peers would have sent her shovelling slack down pit ! So just what did she do to undertake her community hours  Undecided. Does anyone know  Huh

It's irrelevant surely, afaik she had an awful accident that anyone could have had & whilst punished, I suspect shed do anything to turn back the clock.

I'm with steptoe, If you disagree with her politics, say why and present your alternative.
Hey there but for the grace go I !  It's not about the crime which must be awful for anyone to live with.  It's about the punishment and was it served ? 

BECAUSE IT CONCERNS ME, MINE AND OTHERS !!!!!
Heritage

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2012, 02:12:11 PM »

Whatever happened to that faintly ludicrous Annesley Abercorn guy with his London Bus? Haven't seen him shopping in Marple recently....although I might have missed him in Greggs last week... Grin
admin
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2012, 02:33:58 PM »

Whatever happened to that faintly ludicrous Annesley Abercorn guy with his London Bus? Haven't seen him shopping in Marple recently....although I might have missed him in Greggs last week... Grin

I imagine he may tell you as he keeps an eye on the forum. If not, why don't you PM him and ask? Perhaps start with an apology for the "faintly ludicrous" remark?

Mark Whittaker

The Marple Website
Heritage

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2012, 02:58:18 PM »

Thanks for the advice!
Carl Rydings

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2012, 07:24:06 PM »

He is up here on a regular basis, he helps out with our local campaigns.
Carl Rydings

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2012, 07:31:10 PM »

remind yourselfs that councillors are on extreamly good wages,new laptops and phones and other percs of the job,so they will be no great rush to leave thier posts

The basic councillor allowance for 2010/11 was £9,554.52, alot of
our councillors after May 2011 have taken a 10% reduction (as I will).

Anything on top of that is for 'Special Responsibility' such as being the chair of a committee, or if you are
an executive councillor for a specific department like Environment, Children & Young People, Finance, etc.

Any laptops or phones are for council use only.
Duke Fame

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2012, 09:33:20 PM »

The basic councillor allowance for 2010/11 was £9,554.52, alot of
our councillors after May 2011 have taken a 10% reduction (as I will).

Anything on top of that is for 'Special Responsibility' such as being the chair of a committee, or if you are
an executive councillor for a specific department like Environment, Children & Young People, Finance, etc.

Any laptops or phones are for council use only.

Is this just Stockport, I ask because Labour's Dickie Leese seems to enjoy a rather more generous allowance. Does our council tax (as greater Manchester) contribute to this disgraceful selfish waste no doubt essential council spending?
marpleleaf

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2012, 10:44:48 PM »

Have you seen the latest leaflet from the Lib Dems?

I've blogged on it here, but won't waste this forum's space with it in full -

http://themarpleleaf.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/make-shan-history.html

To call it "Shan's campaign against a supermarket on Hibbert Lane" is a disgrace. It is an insult to all the people in Marple who have given up their time to organise and get 1000 people marching in the streets, putting up posters, filling a rally at Memorial Park and collecting signatures on petitions.

I would be equally as disgusted if ANY candidate claimed the "NO to a supermarket on Hibbert Lane" campaign as their own, but frankly I would be surprised. Not so with this candidate or her campaign team.
Steptoe and Son

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2012, 11:21:32 PM »

Does  anyone know if Shan Alexander ever did the community hours she was sentenced to.  Given at that time she was a magistrate I doubt her peers would have sent her shovelling slack down pit ! So just what did she do to undertake her community hours  Undecided. Does anyone know  Huh

Really, some of the posts on here are getting worryingly low.  Why don't you contact her and ask?

Personal remark removed from this post. Howard

Howard, I'm a touch confused about this particular piece of moderation.  I can assure all forum members that I didn't post a personal attack.  What I did want to highlight was the implication that Mrs Alexander's position as a magistrate was somehow influential in her sentencing.  My point was that if Miss Marple was so concerned about the sentence, she should contact Shan Alexander. Rather than doing that and reporting the outcome, Miss Marple went on to infer something potentially serious which, by extension, amounts to a attempted smear. I genuinely don't see that as a personal attack.  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to:  

Tweets by @marplewebsite