Lawler & Co - Marple's Local Independent Estate Agent for Sales and Lettings

Author Topic: Local election candidates announced  (Read 46408 times)

Steptoe and Son

Re: Local election candidates announced
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 09:14:17 AM »
I'm torn between you & Shan Carl. My main concern is if the Town Hall turns Labour. We just need to see the wasters and priorities over in Manchester to understand the harm that can be done.

That seems to sum your world view up succinctly Duke...always anti  ;D

Duke Fame

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 09:03:36 AM »
I'm torn between you & Shan Carl. My main concern is if the Town Hall turns Labour. We just need to see the wasters and priorities over in Manchester to understand the harm that can be done.

Carl Rydings

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 01:11:13 AM »
I thought you had to live in the ward

Nope, But I do and to be fair so does Shan.

To stand for election you have to get 10 signatures from residents of the Ward you wish to stand in.

Jeez, there are 10 people who backed the Labour guy? Dave, Steptoe and who else is there. The place is going downhill if there are 10 of them

380 people voted Labour in Marple South last year, 10 can't be hard to find to sign for him :)

Miss Marple

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 12:10:48 AM »
Well I would have to say that David Rowbottom impressed me at the Rally in the park, he seemed a totally honest chap who had Marple's best interests at heart   I am sorry to disappoint you Duke but I'm more of a Screaming Lord Sutch kind of  voter  :-*

Duke Fame

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 11:57:57 PM »

To stand for election you have to get 10 signatures from residents of the Ward you wish to stand in.

Jeez, there are 10 people who backed the Labour guy? Dave, Steptoe and who else is there. The place is going downhill if there are 10 of them

Carl Rydings

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 10:54:36 PM »

Miss Marple

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 09:56:49 PM »
Well !  I hope that  they all understand  that this term whoever gets elected will be accountable and answerable to Marple residents,  gone are the days when decisions were  made without consultation.   And before anyone votes the question needs to be asked, as to  why Shan Alexander sat as a Governour at CAMSFC and failed to give the heads up about the supermarket even AFTER she ceased being a member of the corporation.  I know what I will be asking her when she comes a knocking on my door and I would suggest you do too. The cheek of this woman never ceases to amaze me  :-\. Me thinks it's time for change ?  ::)

Duke Fame

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 09:45:52 PM »

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 07:34:29 PM »
Here are some pdfs showing the candidates' details.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

marpleleaf

Local election candidates announced
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 06:29:32 PM »
The nominations have closed for the local elections in May.

The link to the Stockport Council website is here:

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/services/councildemocracy/elections/localelections2012/sopn2012

Both incumbents Shan Alexander and Martin Candler are standing again for the Lib Dems. The Conservatives, Labour and UKIP are fielding candidates, as you'd expect. Many are old campaigners who've had a go before.

Marple South is a four way contest, while Marple North sees the Greens and Barry Minshall enter the fray. Barry stood as an Independent candidate most recently in 2010.