Marple Community Forum & Noticeboard
September 01, 2014, 07:38:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Main Site

News: Banner Adverts on this site raise £1,000 for Skatepark Project

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Stationery Supplies - Everything for the home, school and office

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Local election candidates announced  (Read 9177 times)
marpleleaf

« on: April 06, 2012, 06:29:32 PM »

The nominations have closed for the local elections in May.

The link to the Stockport Council website is here:

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/services/councildemocracy/elections/localelections2012/sopn2012

Both incumbents Shan Alexander and Martin Candler are standing again for the Lib Dems. The Conservatives, Labour and UKIP are fielding candidates, as you'd expect. Many are old campaigners who've had a go before.

Marple South is a four way contest, while Marple North sees the Greens and Barry Minshall enter the fray. Barry stood as an Independent candidate most recently in 2010.
admin
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 07:34:29 PM »

Here are some pdfs showing the candidates' details.

* marplenorth.pdf (23.45 KB - downloaded 253 times.)
* marplesouth.pdf (27.69 KB - downloaded 168 times.)

Mark Whittaker

The Marple Website
Duke Fame

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 09:45:52 PM »

I thought you had to live in the ward
Miss Marple

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 09:56:49 PM »

Well !  I hope that  they all understand  that this term whoever gets elected will be accountable and answerable to Marple residents,  gone are the days when decisions were  made without consultation.   And before anyone votes the question needs to be asked, as to  why Shan Alexander sat as a Governour at CAMSFC and failed to give the heads up about the supermarket even AFTER she ceased being a member of the corporation.  I know what I will be asking her when she comes a knocking on my door and I would suggest you do too. The cheek of this woman never ceases to amaze me  Undecided. Me thinks it's time for change ?  Roll Eyes

BECAUSE IT CONCERNS ME, MINE AND OTHERS !!!!!
Carl Rydings

Conservative Candidate, Marple South (2012)

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 10:54:36 PM »

Nope, But I do and to be fair so does Shan.

To stand for election you have to get 10 signatures from residents of the Ward you wish to stand in.
Duke Fame

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 11:57:57 PM »

To stand for election you have to get 10 signatures from residents of the Ward you wish to stand in.

Jeez, there are 10 people who backed the Labour guy? Dave, Steptoe and who else is there. The place is going downhill if there are 10 of them
Miss Marple

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 12:10:48 AM »

Well I would have to say that David Rowbottom impressed me at the Rally in the park, he seemed a totally honest chap who had Marple's best interests at heart   I am sorry to disappoint you Duke but I'm more of a Screaming Lord Sutch kind of  voter  Kiss

Carl Rydings

Conservative Candidate, Marple South (2012)

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 01:11:13 AM »

Jeez, there are 10 people who backed the Labour guy? Dave, Steptoe and who else is there. The place is going downhill if there are 10 of them

380 people voted Labour in Marple South last year, 10 can't be hard to find to sign for him Smiley
Duke Fame

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 09:03:36 AM »

I'm torn between you & Shan Carl. My main concern is if the Town Hall turns Labour. We just need to see the wasters and priorities over in Manchester to understand the harm that can be done.
Steptoe and Son

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 09:14:17 AM »

I'm torn between you & Shan Carl. My main concern is if the Town Hall turns Labour. We just need to see the wasters and priorities over in Manchester to understand the harm that can be done.

That seems to sum your world view up succinctly Duke...always anti  Grin
alan@romiley

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 09:32:01 AM »

Well !  I hope that  they all understand  that this term whoever gets elected will be accountable and answerable to Marple residents,  gone are the days when decisions were  made without consultation.   And before anyone votes the question needs to be asked, as to  why Shan Alexander sat as a Governour at CAMSFC and failed to give the heads up about the supermarket even AFTER she ceased being a member of the corporation.  I know what I will be asking her when she comes a knocking on my door and I would suggest you do too. The cheek of this woman never ceases to amaze me  Undecided. Me thinks it's time for change ?  Roll Eyes

Miss Marple, I could not agree more with your sentiments, I am sorry that Mrs A has decided to stand for re election, I would have thought that now was the time to quietly stand down.

“Every process in your organization has a customer, and without a customer a process has no purpose. "
Duke Fame

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 01:15:39 PM »

Well !  I hope that  they all understand  that this term whoever gets elected will be accountable and answerable to Marple residents,  gone are the days when decisions were  made without consultation.   And before anyone votes the question needs to be asked, as to  why Shan Alexander sat as a Governour at CAMSFC and failed to give the heads up about the supermarket even AFTER she ceased being a member of the corporation.  I know what I will be asking her when she comes a knocking on my door and I would suggest you do too. The cheek of this woman never ceases to amaze me  Undecided. Me thinks it's time for change ?  Roll Eyes

Miss Marple, I could not agree more with your sentiments, I am sorry that Mrs A has decided to stand for re election, I would have thought that now was the time to quietly stand down.

Im sorry but I really can't see the problem you have with Shan.

If I were a councillor and the company I worked for had in it's strategy an option to expand, my first concern is to my employer and I'd not go blabbing to the local council with confidential information. I happen to be against the college plans to sell to a supermarket but it's not for the councillor to break a confidence just to suit you Mrs M.

Alan of Romily, why the downer on the councillor?
marpleleaf

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 02:09:16 PM »

Shan Alexander wasn't a governor of the college for any other reason than she was a councillor, elected by the people of Marple South. She forgot who put her there. She should go.

To my mind the best candidate is Carl Rydings.

rotten john

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2012, 05:47:38 AM »

remind yourselfs that councillors are on extreamly good wages,new laptops and phones and other percs of the job,so they will be no great rush to leave thier posts
Miss Marple

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2012, 09:54:42 AM »

Does  anyone know if Shan Alexander ever did the community hours she was sentenced to.  Given at that time she was a magistrate I doubt her peers would have sent her shovelling slack down pit ! So just what did she do to undertake her community hours  Undecided. Does anyone know  Huh

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to:  

Tweets by @marplewebsite