A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Author Topic: Local election candidates announced  (Read 46410 times)

Heritage

Re: Local election candidates announced
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2012, 02:58:18 PM »
Thanks for the advice!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2012, 02:33:58 PM »
Whatever happened to that faintly ludicrous Annesley Abercorn guy with his London Bus? Haven't seen him shopping in Marple recently....although I might have missed him in Greggs last week... ;D

I imagine he may tell you as he keeps an eye on the forum. If not, why don't you PM him and ask? Perhaps start with an apology for the "faintly ludicrous" remark?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Heritage

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2012, 02:12:11 PM »
Whatever happened to that faintly ludicrous Annesley Abercorn guy with his London Bus? Haven't seen him shopping in Marple recently....although I might have missed him in Greggs last week... ;D

Miss Marple

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2012, 12:49:49 PM »
Does  anyone know if Shan Alexander ever did the community hours she was sentenced to.  Given at that time she was a magistrate I doubt her peers would have sent her shovelling slack down pit ! So just what did she do to undertake her community hours  :-\. Does anyone know  ???

It's irrelevant surely, afaik she had an awful accident that anyone could have had & whilst punished, I suspect shed do anything to turn back the clock.

I'm with steptoe, If you disagree with her politics, say why and present your alternative.
Hey there but for the grace go I !  It's not about the crime which must be awful for anyone to live with.  It's about the punishment and was it served ? 

Duke Fame

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2012, 12:36:13 PM »
I'm torn between you & Shan Carl. My main concern is if the Town Hall turns Labour.
We just need to see the wasters and priorities over in Manchester to understand the harm that can be done.

I would hate to see Stockport Council go Labour, if we win the seats we want to in May we are likely to be on par with Labour,
in terms of number of councillors. We will end up having a fair amount of power, as we have good relations with some of
the independents, I can assure you no one in our group is a waster and I believe we have the right priorities.

Everyone across the Ward will be seeing my election address over the next few weeks, as soon as I have it back from
approval, I will link to it for you all to see and comment on, I will be happy to answer any questions you have from it.

Carl, I don't think your lot will waste our council tax, the lib dems seem to be fairly steady. It's the Labour lot that have the track record of wastefulness and profligate spending.

Carl Rydings

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 12:29:19 PM »
I'm torn between you & Shan Carl. My main concern is if the Town Hall turns Labour.
We just need to see the wasters and priorities over in Manchester to understand the harm that can be done.

I would hate to see Stockport Council go Labour, if we win the seats we want to in May we are likely to be on par with Labour,
in terms of number of councillors. We will end up having a fair amount of power, as we have good relations with some of
the independents, I can assure you no one in our group is a waster and I believe we have the right priorities.

Everyone across the Ward will be seeing my election address over the next few weeks, as soon as I have it back from
approval, I will link to it for you all to see and comment on, I will be happy to answer any questions you have from it.

Duke Fame

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 11:26:35 AM »
Does  anyone know if Shan Alexander ever did the community hours she was sentenced to.  Given at that time she was a magistrate I doubt her peers would have sent her shovelling slack down pit ! So just what did she do to undertake her community hours  :-\. Does anyone know  ???

It's irrelevant surely, afaik she had an awful accident that anyone could have had & whilst punished, I suspect shed do anything to turn back the clock.

I'm with steptoe, If you disagree with her politics, say why and present your alternative.

Howard

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2012, 10:50:49 AM »
remind yourselfs that councillors are on extreamly good wages,new laptops and phones and other percs of the job,so they will be no great rush to leave thier posts

Local councillors don't get wages, they get expenses. Many of them have jobs outside their council positions.  Laptops and phones provided by the council are for council business only. Propagating the myth that local politicians do nothing for huge rewards does nothing for your argument.

Steptoe and Son

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2012, 10:29:06 AM »

To my mind the best candidate is Carl Rydings.

Why?

Steptoe and Son

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2012, 10:22:39 AM »
Does  anyone know if Shan Alexander ever did the community hours she was sentenced to.  Given at that time she was a magistrate I doubt her peers would have sent her shovelling slack down pit ! So just what did she do to undertake her community hours  :-\. Does anyone know  ???

Really, some of the posts on here are getting worryingly low.  Why don't you contact her and ask?

Personal remark removed from this post. Howard

Miss Marple

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 09:54:42 AM »

rotten john

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2012, 05:47:38 AM »
remind yourselfs that councillors are on extreamly good wages,new laptops and phones and other percs of the job,so they will be no great rush to leave thier posts

marpleleaf

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 02:09:16 PM »
Shan Alexander wasn't a governor of the college for any other reason than she was a councillor, elected by the people of Marple South. She forgot who put her there. She should go.

To my mind the best candidate is Carl Rydings.

Duke Fame

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 01:15:39 PM »
Well !  I hope that  they all understand  that this term whoever gets elected will be accountable and answerable to Marple residents,  gone are the days when decisions were  made without consultation.   And before anyone votes the question needs to be asked, as to  why Shan Alexander sat as a Governour at CAMSFC and failed to give the heads up about the supermarket even AFTER she ceased being a member of the corporation.  I know what I will be asking her when she comes a knocking on my door and I would suggest you do too. The cheek of this woman never ceases to amaze me  :-\. Me thinks it's time for change ?  ::)

Miss Marple, I could not agree more with your sentiments, I am sorry that Mrs A has decided to stand for re election, I would have thought that now was the time to quietly stand down.

Im sorry but I really can't see the problem you have with Shan.

If I were a councillor and the company I worked for had in it's strategy an option to expand, my first concern is to my employer and I'd not go blabbing to the local council with confidential information. I happen to be against the college plans to sell to a supermarket but it's not for the councillor to break a confidence just to suit you Mrs M.

Alan of Romily, why the downer on the councillor?

alan@marple

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 09:32:01 AM »
Well !  I hope that  they all understand  that this term whoever gets elected will be accountable and answerable to Marple residents,  gone are the days when decisions were  made without consultation.   And before anyone votes the question needs to be asked, as to  why Shan Alexander sat as a Governour at CAMSFC and failed to give the heads up about the supermarket even AFTER she ceased being a member of the corporation.  I know what I will be asking her when she comes a knocking on my door and I would suggest you do too. The cheek of this woman never ceases to amaze me  :-\. Me thinks it's time for change ?  ::)

Miss Marple, I could not agree more with your sentiments, I am sorry that Mrs A has decided to stand for re election, I would have thought that now was the time to quietly stand down.