Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: royal scot  (Read 4163 times)

amazon

Re: royal scot
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 03:13:06 PM »
OK I will withdraw that comment .

Just in time Amazon, I was about to give you a public warning!
roll on the cricket season it's been put back a week .

alan@marple

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 02:54:49 PM »
Yes and I suppose he will be clammering to find out about the incident on Market St the other day

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 09:28:36 PM »

Just in time Amazon, I was about to give you a public warning!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 09:22:03 PM »
I really don't think that we should be telling our fellow posters to..."shut up".

That's a comment too far.

If we were to all follow your advice then there wouldn't be a forum.  

simonesaffron

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 09:19:58 PM »
I really don't think that we should be telling our fellow posters to..."shut up".

That's a comment too far.

If we were to all follow your advice then there wouldn't be a forum. 

Miss Marple

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 09:01:06 PM »
Yes I agree ! How rude are some people on this site  ? This is a forum for discussion so mcfc should be able to contribute by asking questions not face abuse in doing so !

Steptoe and Son

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 08:56:32 PM »
I think what they mean is that if you want to gossip about a well thought of member of the community and seemingly pass judgement then you should find out a bit more about it instead of just swallowing a newspaper article, hook, line and sinker.

that's what i'm trying to find out.....if it is just gossip, paper talk or if there is any truth in what i read. i was talking to an old timer in the midland and it was him who told me of the incident outside the midland. i don't think he was a big fan of the scot ,so i thought i would see if anyone on here new anything. I apologise if this is viewed as gossiping.

I sugest you shut up and leave it alone .

I suggest, as long as it isn't offending anyone, he can ask what he likes.

mcfc

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 05:27:37 PM »
I think what they mean is that if you want to gossip about a well thought of member of the community and seemingly pass judgement then you should find out a bit more about it instead of just swallowing a newspaper article, hook, line and sinker.

that's what i'm trying to find out.....if it is just gossip, paper talk or if there is any truth in what i read. i was talking to an old timer in the midland and it was him who told me of the incident outside the midland. i don't think he was a big fan of the scot ,so i thought i would see if anyone on here new anything. I apologise if this is viewed as gossiping.

why ?

amazon

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 05:11:07 PM »

mcfc

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 05:07:57 PM »

simonesaffron

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 08:51:11 PM »

mcfc

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 04:50:07 PM »
Maybe you should step out from the Blue Moon you're hiding behind and ask the man himself if you're curious about the article - he's very open and I'm sure he wouldn't mind telling you - make sure you ask about seeking refuge though, rather than refuse, or he may think you're the bin man!

It's a shame the local rag didn't run a feature alongside the one you're talking about.  They could have talked about how that person has raised thousands of pounds for local charities and good causes since joining the Marple Bridge community.  If you check out the archives you'll also see features on him doing things like watering the village hanging baskets for free all Summer for the last couple of years.   

I must apologise. I thought this was a message board for discussing local issues. Still, let's hope you concentrate on the more important things like pulling someone on typos when you clearly understood what was meant! I happen to think it is quite important that landlords in the area are accountable for their behaviour, whether they water plants or not is surely a side issue. Young people in the area visiting the local pubs need to be safe doing so and not just a few that are hand picked by the landlord of the Scot.

Heritage

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 04:43:26 PM »
Yeah - if you want to know what someone's been up to, ask them! Otherwise it just looks like an attempt to stir fairly pointless gossip....which I'm sure wasn't the case...

gazwhite

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 04:25:29 PM »
Maybe you should step out from the Blue Moon you're hiding behind and ask the man himself if you're curious about the article - he's very open and I'm sure he wouldn't mind telling you - make sure you ask about seeking refuge though, rather than refuse, or he may think you're the bin man!

It's a shame the local rag didn't run a feature alongside the one you're talking about.  They could have talked about how that person has raised thousands of pounds for local charities and good causes since joining the Marple Bridge community.  If you check out the archives you'll also see features on him doing things like watering the village hanging baskets for free all Summer for the last couple of years.   

mcfc

royal scot
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 12:18:04 PM »
i noticed in the paper the other day that the landlord of the scot was fined for wilfully impeding police officers...is this to do with someone getting cut with a glass outside the midland and seeking refuse in the scot ??