Marple Health - for Wholefoods and Supplements to look GOOD and feel GREAT!

Author Topic: Marple Council Tax Scam  (Read 2131 times)

Dave

Re: Marple Council Tax Scam
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 01:42:33 PM »
So crooks are trying to diddle vulnerable old people as a protest against high council taxes.   ::)

Duke Fame

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 11:49:00 PM »
I believe it was someone who was targetting elderly people by wrongly telling them that their property was in a too high council tax band and, for a fee, they could get a refund from the council for them. 

Sounds like this:
24 Feb 2011 : Stockport Council is warning residents to be on their guard against two Council Tax scams.

It seems to as the council are the last people who should be advising on this, are they warning people against being ripped off by someone saying the council are ripping people off. If the council got their costs under control, there would be no scope for the scam.

sgk

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 09:34:34 PM »
I believe it was someone who was targetting elderly people by wrongly telling them that their property was in a too high council tax band and, for a fee, they could get a refund from the council for them. 

Sounds like this:
24 Feb 2011 : Stockport Council is warning residents to be on their guard against two Council Tax scams.

Blossom

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 07:18:11 PM »

CTCREP

Marple Council Tax Scam
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 11:39:21 AM »
Hello

Just seen an A board notifying us of a Marple Council Tax Scam. As this can be construed many ways, is it Marple (its) Council Tax Scam, or Marple Council (their) Tax Scam?   Any ideas?