Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: A very Rude Local Trader on Market St.  (Read 9200 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: A very Rude Local Trader on Market St.
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2012, 11:44:14 AM »
One rude shop-keeper shouldn't be a reason to make a giant supermarket a good thing and certainly shouldn't be used to tar all shop-keeprs with the same brush.

Heritage

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 10:18:30 PM »
All seems a bit overblown now....if folks are rude just stay away from them....if those rude folk run a shop then stay out of that shop....is it more complicated than that? Rude shopkeeper = poor takings = less viable! So what if they are a 'business forum' member? There are rude folk in every walk of life, 'forum' or otherwise!  :)

alan@marple

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 11:21:25 AM »
I asked because I knew of a large organisation - not a retailer - which barred its employees from travelling to and from work in uniform for two reasons: 1. Hygiene - the company handled food, and preferred its staff to don their uniforms when they were actually at work; 2. Corporate sensitivity - so that the company's employees would not be identifiable when not at work. A fair number of organisations now ask employees to wear their uniforms at work, not when not at work.  ;)

Definitely not the NHS then as they go from home to work (either public or private transport) straight into wards.

But dear People, it is not about whether one should wear a uniform, it's about the rude trader and business forum member!

Neil Smith

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 09:57:40 AM »
I asked because I knew of a large organisation - not a retailer - which barred its employees from travelling to and from work in uniform for two reasons: 1. Hygiene - the company handled food, and preferred its staff to don their uniforms when they were actually at work; 2. Corporate sensitivity - so that the company's employees would not be identifiable when not at work. A fair number of organisations now ask employees to wear their uniforms at work, not when not at work.  ;)

Definitely not the NHS then as they go from home to work (either public or private transport) straight into wards.

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 09:20:34 PM »
Alan says various members of his family and friends will not be using the shop from now on as a result of this issue, therefore he can add them all up :)

Heritage

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 10:13:28 PM »
How would you know exactly how many customers they'd lost  ???

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 09:48:23 PM »
Why on earth would anyone verbally abuse the staff of the college?  it doesn't make sense at all? Especially if you listen to MIA ( which a lot of people on here say that the general population do!) who make it very clear that to their knowledge there are a lot of staff unhappy with the proposals and that the staff haven't been informed or considered ?

I think you do the right thing Alan.. Although if I were you I would first go in and inform them exactly how many customers they've lost as a result.

Heritage

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 01:30:40 PM »
Best thing with a rude shopkeeper is just to stay away and patronise elsewhere. Rude shopkeepers = fewer customers = poor cashflow = closure.....simples!

Friendly shopkeepers of Marple unite!  ;D

Duke Fame

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 01:00:04 AM »
Somebody, very close to me works at Asda, she is very much involved in the Marple community, supports the local traders etc, well that's most all the local traders except one!
 On entering the shop on Market St, which had a MIA sticker in the window, she received a very "frosty" reception, nasty and most unhelpful and as a result she,nor I or indeed any other members of the family will never use that shop ever again.

Such conduct towards a customer Il behoves a member of the Marple Business forum.

Why was he so rude?, Had he had a row with his partner, was "he hung over" or just received a notice of next years business rates- who knows!!!!

OR COULD IT BE SHE WAS WEARING AN ASDA UNIFORM

If you had bad service then fair enough but are you jumping to conclusion that the issue was down to the uniform or even to do with your friend.

I'd be amazed if anyone would fall out with a fellow human on such a minor issue.

Harry

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 04:58:03 PM »
I do know that a number of members of staff from the college have been verbally abused whilst shopping in Marple. So many that they have now been advised to remove their security badges before venturing into the town centre.

Quite sad really.

Heritage

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 04:20:27 PM »

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 03:52:45 PM »
Why was she in her ASDA uniform if she wasn't at work?  ???

Well obviously she was on the way to or from work and had called into the local shops. What relevance does that have anyway. It would be ridiculous to treat an Asda worker in uniform as if they were responsible for Asda's supermarket building policy in the same way it would be ridiculous to treat a student as if they had any responsibility for the college's plans to sell the site.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Dave

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 03:15:48 PM »
Why was he so rude?, Had he had a row with his partner, was "he hung over" or just received a notice of next years business rates- who knows!!!!

....or could it be simply that it was Monday morning and he would rather not be at work??

Heritage

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 02:47:34 PM »
Why was she in her ASDA uniform if she wasn't at work?  ???

alan@marple

A very Rude Local Trader on Market St.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 01:56:24 PM »
Somebody, very close to me works at Asda, she is very much involved in the Marple community, supports the local traders etc, well that's most all the local traders except one!
 On entering the shop on Market St, which had a MIA sticker in the window, she received a very "frosty" reception, nasty and most unhelpful and as a result she,nor I or indeed any other members of the family will never use that shop ever again.

Such conduct towards a customer Il behoves a member of the Marple Business forum.