Marple Health - for Wholefoods and Supplements to look GOOD and feel GREAT!

Author Topic: George Buxcey of Marple Bridge  (Read 10654 times)

Stephen Ratcliffe

Re: George Buxcey of Marple Bridge
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 02:10:29 PM »
Quote from:  Steve Radcliffe as Guest
My grandfather Sam Ratcliffe was closely acquainted with George Buxcey his wife Rene and their children Laura and Ken many years ago. Would appreciate any information about them or about the Railway Inn where George was the landlord in the 1940's.

Please call me on 01202-658810 or email steve@ratcliffe.org.uk if you can help.

Steve

Thanks for your comments and replies. I am still interested in getting in touch - now that I am retired I have more time! Please note my email is now stephen.ratcliffe@gmail.com
Regards
Steve

gazwhite

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 07:09:32 PM »
Son of Joyce Buxcey has a business on Town Street in Marple Bridge. When discussing the picture on the link above some time ago Paul acknowledged this to be his father. One landlord of the then Railway pub, now The Royal Scot.

I'll show him this thread.

:-)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 03:43:45 PM »
Hi Stephen,

There is a picture on the Virtual Tour of Ken Buxcey on his bike outside the Royal Scot (once The Railway) with a couple of pals:

http://visitmarple.co.uk/photos/displayimage.php?pid=8553
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Stephen Ratcliffe

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 03:06:47 PM »
Thank you very much for your response. I have sent you a personal message. Sorry about the delay!
Regards
Stephen.

wilgun

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 12:14:02 PM »
I was reading your post about your grandfather and although my memories are a little sketchy on this, Laura Buxcey married my Uncle, Ernest Gunn and they lived in Marple with their three children, I'm not sure if I can help in your search but please contact me if you have any questions. I have sent you an email.

George Buxcey of Marple Bridge
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 09:07:53 PM »
My grandfather Sam Ratcliffe was closely acquainted with George Buxcey his wife Rene and their children Laura and Ken many years ago. Would appreciate any information about them or about the Railway Inn where George was the landlord in the 1940's.

Please call me on 01202-658810 or email steve@ratcliffe.org.uk if you can help.

Steve