Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: Moving to Marple - Advice please!!  (Read 19873 times)

Belly

• Marple Cricket Club Website
Re: Moving to Marple - Advice please!!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 11:16:28 PM »
I wouldn't say that there are any 'bad' areas of Marple. One of the reasons why we moved here over 10 years ago.

Its a great wee place - a bit of a secret really, tucked away as it is up the 'cul-de-sac' of Stockport Road. Its not trendy, but it is a real community and offers something for everyone.

My only advice is, if you are thinking of moving here to commute any distance by car, get ready for some early morning wake up calls! Traffic in the peak hours during term time towards Stockport and Manchester is frankly beyond belief.
Words are trains for passing through what really has no name...

jamesc

Moving to Marple - Advice please!!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 09:12:47 PM »
Hi there,

My girlfriend and I are seriously thinking of buying a house in Marple and I was hoping for a little bit of advice from local residents.

It seems that Marple is a really good place to live, community spirit (confirmed by this website!), proximity to Peak District, Manchester not far on the train and pretty good schools. We've been looking around houses for the last couple of months but was really hoping for a little insider knowledge on what areas are nice / what areas should be avoided / anything that may not be obvious to an outsider or any other comments that you have about living in Marple.

Thanks v much in advance