Marple Community Forum & Noticeboard
September 17, 2014, 10:36:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Main Site

News: Banner Adverts on this site raise £1,000 for Skatepark Project

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Welcome Friends

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Marple Hall School  (Read 9587 times)
Heritage

« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2012, 07:15:56 PM »

Sounds like The Giffer needs to get his / her sleeves rolled up and pitch into changing the culture from inside the tent. The qualities required of any decent Governor are primarily around a passion for excellence and a halfway decent ability to speak plainly. The Giffer's postings hint at having just those qualities but if I were you I'd channel them into a Governor position y'self.....
Miss Marple

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2012, 08:21:07 PM »

Bring back Mr Saville !  Happy Days !

BECAUSE IT CONCERNS ME, MINE AND OTHERS !!!!!
Lisa Oldham
Global Moderator

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2012, 09:31:49 PM »

Oh I loved Mr Saville! He knew the name of every child in the school and would make sure each and every one of us knew!  and he forgave me falling asleep in his law class! Cheesy  His punishments were harsh ( not to me I might add!!) but he was consistent, very visible and terrifying!  Can't think of  one teacher my son "worries" about upsetting..though he likes lots of them. My daughter is still a little nervous being relatively young and well behaved but even she is now questioning the teachers and pushing the boundaries in a way I would never have considered.  Don't think its Marple Hall in particular, just the way society/we bring our kids up now, media influence and the fact the schools hands are tied over so many small but significant issues.
Dave

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2012, 09:53:46 AM »

Hey Dave I might consider being a Governour !  So what  are these so called qualities one must have  Wink

Being able to spell 'governor'   Wink
Miss Marple

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2012, 07:26:50 PM »

Off topic post removed by Howard

BECAUSE IT CONCERNS ME, MINE AND OTHERS !!!!!
hollins

« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2013, 04:05:58 PM »

Marple Hall School has a new Headmaster for September: Mr Barker (currently Deputy Head).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Tweets by @marplewebsite