Cole and Fox Interior Design Marple | Romiley | Stockport

Author Topic: Marple Shops V Asda  (Read 45593 times)

Harry

Re: Marple Shops V Asda
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2012, 06:25:30 PM »

... you can get free range meats from both butchers in marple D&S whites and littlewoods, and they get all there meats from local farmers..

So our local butchers source all their meats from local farmers do they?

Could anybody tell me where the local crocodile farm is. I may want to avoid it when out walking.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Steptoe and Son

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2012, 03:27:21 PM »
Dare I suggest that if your that desperate for milk late at night, it is your stock control system that has failed !   ;)

Heritage

« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2012, 05:34:03 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Steptoe.....we're all average unfortunately..... ;D

Duke Fame

« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2012, 02:24:06 PM »
Hi Duke,

What are Charvers?

It's Geordie for Chav

Dave

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2012, 10:12:04 AM »
To suggest that a group of well-meaning others can seek to determine whether or not those 'average' people have access to a supermarket sounds worryingly paternalistic.

But we've known that for a long time - ever since MIA announced that:
MIA is the community !
::)

Steptoe and Son

« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2012, 09:09:32 AM »
what they say - or do - goes.
How utterly preposterous...your 'average clientele' will do pretty much what they are told to do, lets not try to pretend otherwise.  The happy little shoppers will follow their noses to the in-store bakery where mass produced stodge is reheated to make it appear to be the real thing.  Re sounding paternalistic, you want to have a read of your posts heritage  ;D

Heritage

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2012, 09:09:09 PM »
The 'average clientele' is, whether the hand-wringers like it or not, the bulk of the population, who keep society functioning and in evolution, and what they say - or do - goes. To suggest that a group of well-meaning others can seek to determine whether or not those 'average' people have access to a supermarket sounds worryingly paternalistic. If the local shops are selling a quality product which people want, they will survive...even faced with the awful reality of those annoying 'average clients'......

Harry

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2012, 05:58:19 PM »
... and shop at Moggys ?

Dave

« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2012, 05:22:06 PM »
Are they people who wear grundies??

Lily

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2012, 04:13:11 PM »
Hi Duke,

What are Charvers?

Duke Fame

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2012, 02:33:03 PM »
That is true but the current shops are getting by as best they can, having a huge superpower out-muscle them and kill off their livlihoods is pretty hard to take. The average clientèle is not going to really appreciate the quality, individuality and local supply chain of Marples produve, most are charvers who just want things cheap & pre-packed.

Bowden Guy

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2012, 09:12:16 PM »
Nail on the head (and the nails were bought from Hollins)

Heritage

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2012, 07:32:31 PM »
Essentially if people find an alleged new supermarket so objectionable, then it will be empty from its opening day, all the loyal people of Marple walking en masse past its shiny doors to the corner shop beyond....this is an issue of change, and the customer is always right, not the hand-wringers....I sympathise with those who worry about change, but Marple's hand-wringers are missing the more significant message here about choice, quality and sustainability. Good shops, offering a quality product which people want, will be popular. If they aren't fulfilling that basic need, they are vulnerable, as we are seeing in Marple without any such supermarket.

ringi

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2012, 05:39:00 PM »
The difference is that most supermarkets, unlike the Co-Op have some idea of how to do stock control.  So as the Co-Op does not have any shareholders to push its management to improve, we need another supermarket.

How about Milk, the Co-Op at the garage did not have any last night and the main Co-Op only had the 1L bottles left!  We need dependable food shopping open at normal times, e.g until at least 10pm, if not mid night.

Also we don’t have time to queue up at lots of shops, so we expect to be able to do all of our food shopping without having to pay at more than one till.

Chirch Street store would have had milk at 99p for 2 ltrs. I'm not sure what quantiies you need, if you needed 2L you could have bour 2 x 1L bottles and you would have received almost exactly the same quantity. If you only needed a 1 pt, would it have been sush a hardship to buy a Litre?

As far as Milk supplies in the later evening goes, I don't think anyone will really suffer from lactose withdrawal unless there was severe weather, even then, I don't suppose an Asda delivery has any better chance of getting here over Co-op or the local supplierers that supply the Shell garage, Chirch st etc.

Duke Fame

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2012, 12:47:02 PM »
How about Milk, the Co-Op at the garage did not have any last night and the main Co-Op only had the 1L bottles left!  We need dependable food shopping open at normal times, e.g until at least 10pm, if not mid night.

Also we don’t have time to queue up at lots of shops, so we expect to be able to do all of our food shopping without having to pay at more than one till.

Chirch Street store would have had milk at 99p for 2 ltrs. I'm not sure what quantiies you need, if you needed 2L you could have bour 2 x 1L bottles and you would have received almost exactly the same quantity. If you only needed a 1 pt, would it have been sush a hardship to buy a Litre?

As far as Milk supplies in the later evening goes, I don't think anyone will really suffer from lactose withdrawal unless there was severe weather, even then, I don't suppose an Asda delivery has any better chance of getting here over Co-op or the local supplierers that supply the Shell garage, Chirch st etc.