A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: Cannabis farm in Marple  (Read 7308 times)

the rover

Re: Cannabis farm in Marple
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 12:26:49 PM »
A few years ago a house was raided in my street, 6 police cars/vans and a lot of police. All the possessions of the people who lived there were carried away in bin bags, a number of plants which were growing in the shed were also carried away. Nothing happened and the plants were drugs for selling. What did happen though was a lot of people stopped going to the house.

Duke Fame

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 09:59:19 PM »
If you could see the results that drug taking has on individuals I am sure you would change your mind,the police do a brilliant job getting this stuff off the street :o

That's the point, it makes no difference if it's illegal, people still take it. legalise, licence and tax it and at least a contribution is made to clearing up the problems.

bat man

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 08:01:41 PM »
If you could see the results that drug taking has on individuals I am sure you would change your mind,the police do a brilliant job getting this stuff off the street :o

Dave

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 03:07:41 PM »
It's quite worrying when you find yourself in agreement with Duke! But that makes good sense to me. As the Americans discovered in the era of alcohol prohibition, banning things simply forces them on to the black market and creates more crime. And if the police can be freed from the hopeless task of trying to enforce drug laws, they can switch to dealing with real crime.

Duke Fame

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 10:53:46 AM »
This message was Tweeted today by @GMPStockEast "We dismantled a cannabis farm at a house in Marple today. Most of the plants found were ready for harvest - a good result #disruptingcrime"

Anyone know anything about this?

I don't know anything about it but it tells me the police have a lot of time taken up by such matters.

I really think all drugs should be legalised, licenced and taxed. We'd save billions on police time, dismantle organised crime and raise revenue.

Howard

Cannabis farm in Marple
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 07:45:15 PM »
This message was Tweeted today by @GMPStockEast "We dismantled a cannabis farm at a house in Marple today. Most of the plants found were ready for harvest - a good result #disruptingcrime"

Anyone know anything about this?