Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: Royal Mail Marple  (Read 2623 times)

bat man

Re: Royal Mail Marple
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 08:06:40 PM »
As someone who works for the public sector I dont think you can lay the blame with the lack of public support,look at the trade union and the obstacles they have put up in the past,the department I work for is up for offer to the private sector,we now accept practices we would not have considered years ago,change will happen but at the end of the day if you still have a job you are one of the lucky ones.We have been offered a new deal but can keep our present conditions,pay,holidays,the new deal is not what we wanted but beggers cant be choosers.

Cyberman

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 08:37:05 PM »
I agree  - I think our postal service is one of the best and the thought of it being privatised - especially if the new owner is foreign - fills me with dread. More dread than the thought of a supermarket on Hibbert Lane! However there are obviously problems in RM, and after doing some Googling it seems that the pension fund deficit is one of the biggies. Surely there must be a way to solve these problems without privatisation? Can you suggest a way the public can be involved?

Barbara

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 08:17:24 PM »
I would just like to say that we do appreciate the service we get from our 'posties' and hope that it will all work out OK in the end.  At least we know that our mail does get to its destination (well, 99.9 pc or more of the time) which is more than can be said for many countries. 

red666bear

Royal Mail Marple
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 07:00:29 PM »
Hi everyone i work for royal mail and would like to inform you that from Monday 6th February we are having our hours changed to a 7am to 3pm shift pattern.
We are not allowed to leave the sorting office until 10.10am and will be using new delivery methods such as high capacity trolleys, lightweight golf type trolleys, shared vans etc...
Postmen using private cars on delivery are now banned as are bicycles.

This is going to cause a lot of problems with deliveries as postpeople get used to the new system of working.

We went on strike over 2 years ago as we were against these changes to our working practices as well as changes to our pensions.

The public really should of given us more support at the time of industrial action but it is another nail in the royal mail coffin.

And we have privatisation to look forward to in the next 18-24 months.