RC Cars, RC Helicopters, RC Planes | Nitrotek Ltd

Author Topic: Marple Station  (Read 47238 times)

Heritage

Re: Marple Station
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2012, 05:11:25 PM »
Quite!! Surreal twist of issues. It'll be a huge boost when there is proper access to the platforms for all users of the rail service. Marple's sustainability relies in no small part on its attractiveness as a commuter base for Manchester, and the provision of access for commuters is key to that - whatever their level of mobility - as well as leisure users who wish to come to Marple for its scenery and attractiveness.

Steptoe and Son

« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2012, 11:30:39 PM »
Rotten John - please don't post such offensive nonsense again. Clearly you have never had any need to befriend a disabled person, have any meaningful interaction with a less abled person, or God forbid be related to one.
I've probably done more for disabled and oaps in stockport and marple than you will ever do,and im still doing!!..which is why i made my valid point........do we as a community really think that spending millions on a tiny train station to build a lift to take a few extra passingers a year,that will not be in use unless a fat controller(thomas the tank type) is in postion to use the lift ? as someone else pointed out it will be UNMANED soon so there will be no body there to do it,so it will be useless,when i add stockport council allready lay on a fine service for disabled to take them around the borough via mini bus or taxi,and woodley and bredbury and stockport train stations are all easy accsess to all and are all only one or two stops away.no wonder all the rail companies go bust! they got people like you in control bet you still vote labour! want to fix everything but aint got the money to fix it so we fix it anyway we can worry about the debt,our grandkids can pay the debt!

References to spelling etc removed. Admin.

To twist this into a party political diatribe is impressive, if it were not so ridiculous.  I'm pretty sure that people, whatever their ability, want choice and I'm positive they don't want you deciding how they live their lives or when and where they travel to or from.

rotten john

« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2012, 04:13:05 AM »
Rotten John - please don't post such offensive nonsense again. Clearly you have never had any need to befriend a disabled person, have any meaningful interaction with a less abled person, or God forbid be related to one.
I've probably done more for disabled and oaps in stockport and marple than you will ever do,and im still doing!!..which is why i made my valid point........do we as a community really think that spending millions on a tiny train station to build a lift to take a few extra passingers a year,that will not be in use unless a fat controller(thomas the tank type) is in postion to use the lift ? as someone else pointed out it will be UNMANED soon so there will be no body there to do it,so it will be useless,when i add stockport council allready lay on a fine service for disabled to take them around the borough via mini bus or taxi,and woodley and bredbury and stockport train stations are all easy accsess to all and are all only one or two stops away.no wonder all the rail companies go bust! they got people like you in control bet you still vote labour! want to fix everything but aint got the money to fix it so we fix it anyway we can worry about the debt,our grandkids can pay the debt!

thebigshed

« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2012, 05:08:02 PM »
Any chance of a bridge extension to the path that runs alongside the tennis courts?

alison

« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2012, 04:45:31 PM »
Wow, that's quite a construction job going on. Thanks for the photos really interesting. And its going to make Marple station much more accessible for all kinds of people, not just wheelchair users, parents with prams, people with heavy luggage, people who find the stairs a challenge, and even dopes like me who discover how difficult stairs are when recovering from a sprained ankle. I think that's woth a slight change to the landscape personally.

Alison

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2012, 06:24:48 AM »
Some more work in progress photos taken by Arthur on 4 April have been added to the Virtual Tour this morning:

http://visitmarple.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=-23

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Heritage

« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2012, 08:24:23 PM »

Steptoe and Son

« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2012, 07:46:35 PM »
so we pay probably millions for a new bridge thats tottally out of characture that 3-4 disabled might want to use a year,but b4 they can they need the station fat controller to open it up for them so its useless unless a member of staff is there,on top of free travel,subsidised cars,travel vouchers,ring n ride,etc etc etc we spend millions demolishing another part of our history/heritage.all the other local stations are disbled friendly so use the free travel vouchers your given and get on the train there.aint selfish just real

I've read this a couple of times and I've even drafted in Mrs Steptoe to cast an eye over it.  I was hoping that it's a joke or satirical in some way but I just seem to see an ill-informed, misanthropic, backward looking bilious rant.

amazon

« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2012, 07:34:58 PM »
Ooops! Sounds as though the Keep Marple Like It Was 1974 Society are out again!!

Looks like it they would sooner moan about not getting to the other side inn there wheelchairs .

amazon

« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2012, 07:32:35 PM »
i agree what a shame another old piece of our history/heritage is going.destroying the marple we love,for a new type concreate (no doubt) eyesore....and using the excuse that the old bridge needs repairs etc a good sand blast and new paint

So how do you  transport disabled people from this side to that side .dont say they get on the train this side go up to the loop back on the other side .the train goes out of service at marple comes back in service when it comes into the other side .allso drivers break time if they are not running late .
so we pay probably millions for a new bridge thats tottally out of characture that 3-4 disabled might want to use a year,but b4 they can they need the station fat controller to open it up for them so its useless unless a member of staff is there,on top of free travel,subsidised cars,travel vouchers,ring n ride,etc etc etc we spend millions demolishing another part of our history/heritage.all the other local stations are disbled friendly so use the free travel vouchers your given and get on the train there.aint selfish just real
There wont be. A station fat controller it's going tck machines .when finished .

Heritage

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2012, 06:25:53 PM »
Ooops! Sounds as though the Keep Marple Like It Was 1974 Society are out again!!

rotten john

« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2012, 06:00:17 PM »
i agree what a shame another old piece of our history/heritage is going.destroying the marple we love,for a new type concreate (no doubt) eyesore....and using the excuse that the old bridge needs repairs etc a good sand blast and new paint

So how do you  transport disabled people from this side to that side .dont say they get on the train this side go up to the loop back on the other side .the train goes out of service at marple comes back in service when it comes into the other side .allso drivers break time if they are not running late .

amazon

« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2012, 08:01:38 PM »
Some more work in progress photos from Arthur have been added to the Virtual Tour:

Two large end sections lifted in place sat night car park closed all day sat two massive low loaders what up lower fold sat night . The wheels as big as the houses .anybody any photos .dont know when the middle section
Going in anybody any info please post .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2012, 07:53:59 PM »
Some more work in progress photos from Arthur have been added to the Virtual Tour:

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #65 on: February 29, 2012, 04:40:06 PM »
I was chatting to a couple of the contractors the other day. They've installed these bridges at various stations over the past 6 months across the UK. One guy told me that they are using stone cladding on the Marple bridge in view of its location. He also mentioned that they had exposed the old track beds from when we had a mainline station [with through trains to London!] which is interesting, and they have of course uncovered the old tiled flooring which can be seen from the Manchester platform behind the fence at the Romiley end. But no skulls or secret rooms!

Where's Arthur some photos please