A M Photo-Graphics

Author Topic: Marple Station  (Read 47267 times)

marveld

Re: Marple Station
« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2012, 09:57:07 PM »

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2012, 11:37:20 PM »
Network Rail have donated and delivered it to Peak Rail at Rowsley where it will be re-erected and have a plaque stating that it came from Marple.

Great thanks mark .
I remember years ago (probably late 1970-something) reading that Marple had some of the best and historically important railway iron work in the country. Sadly this was after the said iron work had been scrapped.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2012, 11:32:44 PM »
And shopping at Peak Village Outlet Shopping Centre, Rowsley. (Be still my beating heart!)

Stockport Classic Bus

« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2012, 01:31:12 PM »
I happened to be at Peak Rail with the 'Marple Carnival Bus' last Sunday and the bridge will look good once in place there at Rowsley. Nice spot for a day trip, only minutes from Bakewell and then a steam train ride from Rowsley to Matlock! Chatsworth also only 10 mins away making for a good day out.

amazon

« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2012, 09:23:49 PM »
Network Rail have donated and delivered it to Peak Rail at Rowsley where it will be re-erected and have a plaque stating that it came from Marple.

Great thanks mark .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2012, 08:02:15 PM »
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

rsh

« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2012, 07:57:30 PM »
One bridge in, one bridge out... it's all go round here. Thanks for the photos.

The stone cladding on the lifts looks really smart too. I hope at some point they also tart up the older buildings to match, which are looking very shabby with peeling green paint: http://visitmarple.co.uk/photos/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=-23&pid=6913

amazon

« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2012, 06:46:50 PM »
Some fantastic photos taken by Arthur Procter of the old bridge being removed from Marple Station at around 3am on Sunday morning have been added to the Virtual Tour:

http://visitmarple.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=-23

Brilliant again Arthur ,does anyone know we're the bridge did go to .it was destined for Peak rail .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2012, 05:38:16 PM »
Some fantastic photos taken by Arthur Procter of the old bridge being removed from Marple Station at around 3am on Sunday morning have been added to the Virtual Tour:

http://visitmarple.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=-23
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Stockport Classic Bus

« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2012, 09:18:57 PM »
Yeah as I understand it, it is still going to Peak Rail. Out of interest, there is a very nice vintage bus and train fair there this Sunday, at Rowsley Station near Bakewell, where the bridge will probably end up. A nice day out for the family and only 45 minutes away. Plenty of steam trains, and free vintage bus rides between the vehicle rally, Bakewell centre, and Chatsworth House.

Barbara

« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2012, 09:04:48 PM »
I asked one of the men working on the station this morning if he knew what was happening to the old bridge.  He said he understood that it was going to a museum - so it sounds as if it might be going to Peak Rail.  Mind you, when you really look at it there is a lot of repair work needed. 

thebigshed

« Reply #98 on: June 12, 2012, 07:57:02 PM »
The new toilets are being built as an extension to the old booking office.  It looks like they are almost finished.

rsh

« Reply #97 on: June 12, 2012, 06:18:32 PM »
Funny, I thought the same thing the other day: the old bridge looks rather grotty now, and though it may have some historic value, it's better off somewhere that'll actually look after it properly. The new bridge and the smart stone-clad lifts are far better than I expected, making the station look both up-to-date and still in-keeping with the country setting at the same time.

Have any alterations to the booking office begun yet? (adding on new toilets?)

Barbara

« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2012, 10:43:50 PM »
No the lifts are not in use yet - but it is actually beginning to look as if there is an end in sight.  The bridge is looking really good!

amazon

« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2012, 07:39:52 PM »
I used it yesterday, and thought the steps were much more user-friendly than the old ones.  Mind you - I am speaking as someone who might well need the lifts in due course!!   ;)

Are the lifts working .