Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: Cat Rescue centre ?  (Read 7409 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Cat Rescue centre ?
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 01:28:47 AM »
The cat is going to be re homed thanks to the combined help of The Dove Cat Rescue centre who put me in contact with Otterspool animal sanctuary  who gave my details to a wonderful person who has agreed to take the cat.    I am so impressed with the small cat sanctuaries in the area,  they have been so helpful and have gone out of their way to ensure the cat is taken to a place of safety.   
Both these organisations are desperate to re home cats,  they say they are overflowing with cats in need of homes.  So if you are thinking of getting a cat I could not recommend these two sanctuaries enough, they have been wonderful and have offered me an enormous amount of help.  ;D
Yes, the small sanctuaries could teach the RSPCA a thing or two about doing what they are supposed to do rather than the things that will get them on television.

amazon

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 08:05:41 PM »
The cat is going to be re homed thanks to the combined help of The Dove Cat Rescue centre who put me in contact with Otterspool animal sanctuary  who gave my details to a wonderful person who has agreed to take the cat.    I am so impressed with the small cat sanctuaries in the area,  they have been so helpful and have gone out of their way to ensure the cat is taken to a place of safety.   
Both these organisations are desperate to re home cats,  they say they are overflowing with cats in need of homes.  So if you are thinking of getting a cat I could not recommend these two sanctuaries enough, they have been wonderful and have offered me an enormous amount of help.  ;D

Great well done .

Miss Marple

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 07:11:15 PM »

alan@marple

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 05:30:49 PM »

amazon

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 04:32:41 PM »
Can anyone suggest a cat rescue centre for a cat which I need to find a place of safety for!  I need a rescue centre to take the cat before the weekend.  It's not my cat I have just acquired responsibility for it as part of my job.  I have tried The RSPCA , Cats protection , PDSA but all are saying that they can not help ?

Why can't you look after it , sure it would have a good home .poor thing having to dump it at some rescue
Centre ,
It would be rude of me to ask why you don't take it in Amazon,so I won't. There are many reasons why a person doesn't want an animal.I for one am allergic to anything with fur.You can't blame MM for dumping it as you put it.At least she is trying to find a home for it.Now I wonder if she will loan her man hating dog to me?I would have to take some antihistamine tablets though,Then I could go on a man hunt ;D

Would have a cat but we live on the main road .although there's plenty of park tpe area at the back cats on this road tend to want to go across the main road one of my neibours has lost three .this way .would not like to think of it being run over .

sooty2

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 12:54:19 PM »
Can anyone suggest a cat rescue centre for a cat which I need to find a place of safety for!  I need a rescue centre to take the cat before the weekend.  It's not my cat I have just acquired responsibility for it as part of my job.  I have tried The RSPCA , Cats protection , PDSA but all are saying that they can not help ?

Why can't you look after it , sure it would have a good home .poor thing having to dump it at some rescue
Centre ,
It would be rude of me to ask why you don't take it in Amazon,so I won't. There are many reasons why a person doesn't want an animal.I for one am allergic to anything with fur.You can't blame MM for dumping it as you put it.At least she is trying to find a home for it.Now I wonder if she will loan her man hating dog to me?I would have to take some antihistamine tablets though,Then I could go on a man hunt ;D

Miss Marple

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 10:16:55 PM »
Thanks Harry I will contact them first thing in the morning !
Amazon I would love to keep the cat but if I kept every animal that I came across during my employment I would be inundated  with pets.  In any case I have a large cat hating / man hating dog who would injury and  terrorise the poor thing.  I don't think it can be re homed as it is very timid and has a nasty hiss and a dangerous right sharp claw.  Its sad but at least it will be warm fed and dry

amazon

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 09:02:03 PM »
Can anyone suggest a cat rescue centre for a cat which I need to find a place of safety for!  I need a rescue centre to take the cat before the weekend.  It's not my cat I have just acquired responsibility for it as part of my job.  I have tried The RSPCA , Cats protection , PDSA but all are saying that they can not help ?

Centre ,

Harry

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 07:32:51 PM »
Try the Dove Cat Rescue Sanctuary.

Contact details are on Their website at www.dovecatrescuesanctuary.org.uk

I've nEver placed a cat there but I have given one of their cats a home.

Miss Marple

Cat Rescue centre ?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 07:02:35 PM »
Can anyone suggest a cat rescue centre for a cat which I need to find a place of safety for!  I need a rescue centre to take the cat before the weekend.  It's not my cat I have just acquired responsibility for it as part of my job.  I have tried The RSPCA , Cats protection , PDSA but all are saying that they can not help ?