Marple Stationery Supplies - Everything for the home, school and office

Author Topic: Water supply marple bridge lower fold .  (Read 2060 times)

amazon

Re: Water supply marple bridge lower fold .
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 10:54:01 AM »
The water supply pressure in Marple does seem to fluctuate quite a lot and recently seems to have been very high at night. There seem to have been several occasions when a line of houses have their overflow pipes going in the morning, presumably because a whole load of float-valve washers have failed in one night. I've also noticed one or two occasions recently when the toilet flush has gone on continuously siphoning, suggesting the cistern is filling very fast.

There is also a rather persistent water-main leak on Station Road (just above the canal) which is becoming exceedingly treacherous in the present icy weather. I don't think that high, or at least fluctuating, pressures can have done it much good.

Thanks for info .still not right lower fold area .

hollins

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 09:04:20 AM »
The water supply pressure in Marple does seem to fluctuate quite a lot and recently seems to have been very high at night. There seem to have been several occasions when a line of houses have their overflow pipes going in the morning, presumably because a whole load of float-valve washers have failed in one night. I've also noticed one or two occasions recently when the toilet flush has gone on continuously siphoning, suggesting the cistern is filling very fast.

There is also a rather persistent water-main leak on Station Road (just above the canal) which is becoming exceedingly treacherous in the present icy weather. I don't think that high, or at least fluctuating, pressures can have done it much good.

sgk

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 11:03:10 PM »
Same trouble up Hollins Lane too.  Sudden increase in pressure today.  Brown water this afternoon, and this evening is tinged with a bit of green with a few little stones in there as a brucie bonus.

Could the heavy digging works at bottom of Hollins Lane be the cause? 

amazon

Water supply marple bridge lower fold .
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 01:15:53 PM »
Anybody had a sudden increase in pressure in this area is ther any work going on in the area .the water is full of air it's white it does clear  .bit like Peckham. Springs .Dell boy for those who don't know what I am on about .may bottle it and sell it to the coop .