Marple Stationery Supplies - Everything for the home, school and office

Author Topic: 394 bus  (Read 7416 times)

amazon

Re: 394 bus
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 01:32:38 PM »
Those buses were clapped out old wrecks though.

There's always one , your older than me then I don't remember the condition . Just remember them

Steptoe and Son

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 11:54:26 AM »
Those buses were clapped out old wrecks though.

amazon

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 08:40:12 PM »
Amazon, Ok, so you submit-good lad, yes lets leave it at that for now and lets get on with some serious

Bus-iness
   Bring back the trams .just remember them when I lived in Woodley  and the trolley buses .they used to turn round at pole acre lane , near what used to be Gerard's garage . Now you now have some idea of my age . O happy days .

alan@marple

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2012, 07:07:42 PM »
Amazon, Ok, so you submit-good lad, yes lets leave it at that for now and lets get on with some serious

Bus-iness

amazon

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 01:09:58 PM »
Dave,

I am unsure as to what you are an "expert" in, are you saying that you drive a "clapped out" old bus , if so I am surprised that such an expert would even contemplate driving a "wreck"

If, in your expert opinion, the vehicle you drive is unroadworthy, then you are aware of your responsibilities to yourself and to the public, you don't need any advise from a fellow expert.

Anyway-have a nice day

For gods sake alan give it a rest .  Sorry I posted this now .

alan@marple

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 10:39:38 AM »
Dave,

I am unsure as to what you are an "expert" in, are you saying that you drive a "clapped out" old bus , if so I am surprised that such an expert would even contemplate driving a "wreck"

If, in your expert opinion, the vehicle you drive is unroadworthy, then you are aware of your responsibilities to yourself and to the public, you don't need any advise from a fellow expert.

Anyway-have a nice day

Dave

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 02:27:00 PM »
I am somewhat surprised at your comments re Speedwell buses. Your suggestion that the vehicles used were "clapped out old wrecks" and that The company has Probably been ordered to take the vehicles off the road might be construed as liable, especially if not true and may I courteously suggest to you that such statements could get you into trouble.

When did you last travel on one, Alan?

I can tell you that such publicly issued statements are often brought to the attention of the North West Traffic Commissioner and could have an effect on a persons future employment prospects, particularly even if not fully correct.

However I entertain no doubt, that like me, you are fully acquainted with the RTA rules and regulations, construction and use etc, together with the regulations concerning public service operations and CPC's.

Alan, it isn't necessary to read any regulations to be able to identify a clapped out old wreck.  Anyway, I'm an expert - I drive one ;-)

Duke Fame

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 01:26:58 PM »
Gentlemen

I am somewhat surprised at your comments re Speedwell buses. Your suggestion that the vehicles used were "clapped out old wrecks" and that The company has Probably been ordered to take the vehicles off the road might be construed as liable, especially if not true and may I courteously suggest to you that such statements could get you into trouble.

If speedwell have gone bust then that is unfortunate, more lost Jobs!

I hope for your sakes that what you have said it correct because it could have disastrous effects on the well being of the holder of the operators licence of the company and also the holder of the certificate of professional competence.
I can tell you that such publicly issued statements are often brought to the attention of the North West Traffic Commissioner and could have an effect on a persons future employment prospects, particularly even if not fully correct.

However I entertain no doubt, that like me, you are fully acquainted with the RTA rules and regulations, construction and use etc, together with the regulations concerning public service operations and CPC's.

However perhaps I must accept what you are saying is true as otherwise our moderators would not allow all or part of it to be published- would they?!!!! (joint enterprise comes to mind)

Yes they went bump Alan. It's a little presumptious to say their buses were clapped out but they were going to have to invest in more flat floor buses as legeslation requires (not as Tiff claimed would be a benefit of a congestion charge. - naughty Mr leese was lying).

The buses have to go through reuglar tests and although Speedwell's fleet was older than Firs 7 stagecoach, there wan't anything to suggest they were running unroadworthy vehicles.

The current chaps are running the buses until March and the routes will go out to tender at that point. Speedwell have already started a newco and  most of their drivers have already found employment which suuggests jobs aren't that hard to find even in the current climate.

alan@marple

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 10:04:57 AM »
Gentlemen

If speedwell have gone bust then that is unfortunate, more lost Jobs!

I hope for your sakes that what you have said it correct because it could have disastrous effects on the well being of the holder of the operators licence of the company and also the holder of the certificate of professional competence.

However perhaps I must accept what you are saying is true as otherwise our moderators would not allow all or part of it to be published- would they?!!!! (joint enterprise comes to mind)

amazon

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 08:52:48 PM »
Cllr Andrew Bispham has forwarded the following information about this issue:

Service 394 Update

Due to Speedwell Buses ceasing operating bus services Service 394 (Stepping Hill ­ Marple ­ Glossop) will be operated by Bowers Buses on an emergency basis until Saturday 24th March 2012.

This cross boundary service is a Derbyshire County Council contract and is part funded by TFGM. (Transport for Greater Manchester)

Many Thanks

Richard Hardman
Service Planning Officer
Transport for Greater Manchester
2 Piccadilly Place, Manchester M1 3BG
Direct line 0161 244 1648, Extension 701648

Thanks mark .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 07:19:12 PM »
Cllr Andrew Bispham has forwarded the following information about this issue:

Service 394 Update

Due to Speedwell Buses ceasing operating bus services Service 394 (Stepping Hill ­ Marple ­ Glossop) will be operated by Bowers Buses on an emergency basis until Saturday 24th March 2012.

This cross boundary service is a Derbyshire County Council contract and is part funded by TFGM. (Transport for Greater Manchester)

Many Thanks

Richard Hardman
Service Planning Officer
Transport for Greater Manchester
2 Piccadilly Place, Manchester M1 3BG
Direct line 0161 244 1648, Extension 701648
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 04:52:57 PM »
Thanks for that .like been said claped out buses .

Duke Fame

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 04:24:26 PM »
No surprise there - the buses used by the previous operator (Speedwell?) were clapped-out old wrecks  The company has probably been ordered to take them off the road!   ::)

Speedwell went bump last week.

Dave

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 01:32:10 PM »
No surprise there - the buses used by the previous operator (Speedwell?) were clapped-out old wrecks  The company has probably been ordered to take them off the road!   ::)

amazon

394 bus
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 11:48:22 AM »
The 394 service Glosop to stepping hill is now run by Bowers they suddenly changed over on Thursday o don't know what's hapened . Bowers doing it till march as an emergency service .any  info on this .the times are still the same .