Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: Fly Posters promoting kitchen sales company on Stockport Road  (Read 3380 times)

Duke Fame

Re: Fly Posters promoting kitchen sales company on Stockport Road
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 10:49:47 PM »
How dare these so called local businesses promote their wares on local lampposts.....tsssk what has this world come to?

Neil Smith

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 03:32:39 PM »
I agree it is good to see local businesses promoting themselves, but should they also be supporting other local businesses (ie Local Newspapers etc) and pay for their advertising?

How do you know they are not employing someone from Marple to put up these posters????

Neil Smith

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 03:31:03 PM »
I think the business is a very responsible one, yes they are everywhere you go into Marple, but I have noticed they go up around Friday night and have gone again for Monday morning.

They could be worse and never collect them.

noni mouse

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 02:21:11 PM »
Thanks for your reply. I agree it is good to see local businesses promoting themselves, but should they also be supporting other local businesses (ie Local Newspapers etc) and pay for their advertising? This is not the case of just the odd sign near to a particular shop, which I think enhance the character of an area: these Fly Posters’ start off in Bredbury and are placed all along the route into Marple. The signs are positioned at pedestrian head height at pelican crossings and on lamp standards at central pedestrian refuges on Stockport Road making it difficult for pedestrians to see traffic without stepping into the roadway. I think there are strict rules about Fly Posting for good reason so I am still of the mind to report it the council for enforcement.

Well, businesses pay a huge amount of money in business rates and get diddly squat in return. Occupying a lampost for a weekend is the least that businesses should get back off the council.
They are all graffiti in my opinion

Duke Fame

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 09:59:59 PM »
Thanks for your reply. I agree it is good to see local businesses promoting themselves, but should they also be supporting other local businesses (ie Local Newspapers etc) and pay for their advertising? This is not the case of just the odd sign near to a particular shop, which I think enhance the character of an area: these Fly Posters’ start off in Bredbury and are placed all along the route into Marple. The signs are positioned at pedestrian head height at pelican crossings and on lamp standards at central pedestrian refuges on Stockport Road making it difficult for pedestrians to see traffic without stepping into the roadway. I think there are strict rules about Fly Posting for good reason so I am still of the mind to report it the council for enforcement.

Well, businesses pay a huge amount of money in business rates and get diddly squat in return. Occupying a lampost for a weekend is the least that businesses should get back off the council.

marpleman

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 09:45:24 AM »

Duke Fame

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 07:46:02 PM »
A large number of ‘Fly Posters’ now appear regularly most weekends along Stockport Road in Marple.  The signs, promoting a kitchen sales business, are attached to lamp standards and road signs (including pelican crossings). They obstruct the view of motorists and pedestrians on this busy road and are a real road safety hazard. I called at Marple Library this morning (Saturday 7 Jan 2012) to see if I could report the matter at a councillors' surgery but the librarian told me that the councillor due to attend had not turned up. I will try to report it next week but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone else shared my concern about these advertising posters? 

It's good to see local businesses promoting themselves, I think obscuring vision is pushing it a bit.

marpleman

Fly Posters promoting kitchen sales company on Stockport Road
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 06:36:12 PM »
A large number of ‘Fly Posters’ now appear regularly most weekends along Stockport Road in Marple.  The signs, promoting a kitchen sales business, are attached to lamp standards and road signs (including pelican crossings). They obstruct the view of motorists and pedestrians on this busy road and are a real road safety hazard. I called at Marple Library this morning (Saturday 7 Jan 2012) to see if I could report the matter at a councillors' surgery but the librarian told me that the councillor due to attend had not turned up. I will try to report it next week but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone else shared my concern about these advertising posters?