Brabyns Preparatory School -Nurture. Engage. Achieve.

Author Topic: Virigin Broadband in Marple.  (Read 3156 times)

al

Re: Virigin Broadband in Marple.
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 10:02:23 AM »
Orange is very similar.

gazwhite

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 11:50:30 PM »
Thanks for latest replies. My modem is a grey NTL home 120; I have had it since I signed up with NTL before Virgin took over. I will give digital spy a try. Thanks also for the info about the recent problems with Virgin. I now think maybe my PC is OK and the problem could be the modem or with Virgin. Thanks for your advice.

Hi, I'm on the management team from Virgin Media Complaints - specifically Faults complaints.  Give our faults team a try via the usual methods - can call 0845 454 1111 from any phone, or 150 from a Virgin land line.  If you're still having problems, drop me a private message via the Marple Website and I'll see what I can do.

Regards.

marpleman

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 02:45:03 PM »
Thanks for latest replies. My modem is a grey NTL home 120; I have had it since I signed up with NTL before Virgin took over. I will give digital spy a try. Thanks also for the info about the recent problems with Virgin. I now think maybe my PC is OK and the problem could be the modem or with Virgin. Thanks for your advice.

Howard

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 02:19:43 PM »
Virginmedia suffered a nationwide outage yesterday (Jan 17th) and are still suffering some residual issues. You might want to give it a day or so whilst they work through it and restore services. It's not unusual for smaller outages to continue after there's been a big crash.

Stories are here:
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2139606/virgin-media-suffers-major-outage
here:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/01/18/virgin_media_national_outage/
and here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16611686

amazon

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 02:05:49 PM »
Virgin (Netgear) router reboot required at 20:00 this evening.  Seems to need a reboot every fortnight or so, annoying but preferable to my 1200/75 modem back in the olden days.
How olds your router and what colour is it .may I ask you to post your problem on Digital spy you will have to register for free password etc but that's all then post your problem in the virgin media broadband section .you should get a sensible reply I have used this forum many times and managed to sort any probs I had weather it be cable or computer .

marpleman

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 01:56:50 PM »
Many thanks for the replies. Rose Hill tip will have to wait a little longer for my PC and modem! However, I had limited connection again this morning between about 8.30am and 10.15am then everything worked fine. I am thinking it may be a localised problem - I live in the Dale Road area - is there anyone else in this area of Marple on Virgin Broadband with a similar problem? Thanks.

sgk

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 09:52:06 PM »
Virgin (Netgear) router reboot required at 20:00 this evening.  Seems to need a reboot every fortnight or so, annoying but preferable to my 1200/75 modem back in the olden days.

jethroh65

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 09:22:34 PM »
Sometimes on Virgin I can have problems for a few days at a time with a unstable connection, but it seems
to correct itself. Definitely a problem with the Virgin service rather than a computer or router problem.

Anyway hopefully when Virgin upgrade all the cabinets etc in the area to give us all double our existing broadband speeds, it will iron out any connection issues.

I think we are down for July this year.

marplex

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 08:59:37 PM »
Recently my Virgin Broadband has been OK but I have had periods when I have not been able to connect to the internet for days.  Phoning support is a waste of time, you can spend hours on the phone and they are unable to resolve it.  They then say they will have to send an engineer out which takes days by which time it is working again.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Virigin Broardand in Marple.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 08:01:15 PM »
Apart from this incident today http://www.marple-uk.com/smf/index.php?topic=4106.0

I rarely have any problems with my Virgin Media service. Even today with this outage I have not had to reboot or anything like that to get reconnected.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

marpleman

Virigin Broadband in Marple.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 07:57:21 PM »
I am on Virgin Broadband for the Internet and everything works fine during the day - but from around 4.30pm until about 7pm I keep losing my connection and I have to reboot the modem several times to get back on. Does anyone else have the same problem in Marple or is it my computer and/or modem that need attention? Please reply before I take it all to the tip!!! Thanks