Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: Jodhpur Lounge  (Read 26632 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Jodhpur Lounge
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2015, 04:45:16 PM »
The fireplaces looked like the ones in the house I moved into in 1984 and they were old fashioned then - and I don't mean fashionable retro old-fashioned!

And as a keen cook, I couldn't believe the kitchen photos of Jodhpur Lounge or whatever it's calling itself now. It's totally unmanageable and would have to be completely reorganised.

60seconds

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2015, 04:17:06 PM »
Now says under offer! There's some idiot going to buy this place???

I had a mate who worked on the build and he said the guy who was the owner cut corners left, right and centre, so you are probably right about the cheap doors.  The verandah floor looks like its the same stuff that was there when it was the pub. And the fire places aren't for real fires, they are gas!

There is now planning permission in for 2 houses on the car park - more traffic on that road!

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2014, 11:56:40 PM »
Just had a look on the website at this .dont like the fireplaces look cheap doors look as though from BQ .

Verandah poor floor covering .and kitchen looks not finished .for that price don't think so.
Glad someone else said that because that was my first thought. The kitchen is huge and, as it stands, unmanageable. It looks like a TV filming kitchen you'd see on the Food Network. Do you think the "annexe" is supposed to be staff quarters - housekeeper and gardener, perhaps?

It certainly doesn't shout "Buy me" but the views are lovely.

amazon

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2014, 12:04:03 PM »
850K and there are only four bathrooms!   :o

Just had a look on the website at this .dont like the fireplaces look cheap doors look as though from BQ .

Verandah poor floor covering .and kitchen looks not finished .for that price don't think so.

Dave

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2014, 05:37:58 PM »
850K and there are only four bathrooms!   :o

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2014, 05:15:07 PM »
Planning permission was granted in June 2014 for a change of use from pub to residential dwelling.
Ah, I was wondering if that was it from my observations when passing.

sgk

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2014, 04:50:34 PM »
Planning permission was granted in June 2014 for a change of use from pub to residential dwelling.

Detailed in planning ref DC/055093 which can be viewed via Stockport Council planning site http://planning.stockport.gov.uk/PlanningData/AcolNetCGI.gov

BennyBlue

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2014, 12:12:05 PM »

amazon

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2014, 01:36:05 PM »
After a desultory start a few months ago "they" seem to be attacking it with gusto now and things are happening outside and, I think inside.
So what is. Happening  ... Apart from it being attacked .

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2014, 03:19:40 AM »
After a desultory start a few months ago "they" seem to be attacking it with gusto now and things are happening outside and, I think inside.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2014, 09:57:50 PM »
At the weekend I noticed a light on in one of the little rooms at the JL. It looked like a security thing as it was very low. Not noticed it before, despite passing after dark most evenings this winter. Mind you, I wasn't actually looking so it may or may not have been on before.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2014, 09:07:39 PM »
Lot of activity at the old Rock Tavern / Jodhpur Lounge site this month, after it was successfully sold (prior to auction) by Enterprise Inns last year.

Anyone know what's planned there, another pub ?  Isn't looking like a supermarket or a puppy farm, so that's a plus.
I pass several times a day, seven days a week, and I've seen nothing going on apart from the occasional car or even more occasionally, a van parked on the car park. I've not noticed any human activity there since the fencing, such as it was, went up shortly after the sale and I've never seen the doors that are visible from the road open.

I wondered if someone had bought it to turn into a house and had run out of money.

What have you seen?

sgk

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2014, 10:30:49 PM »
Lot of activity at the old Rock Tavern / Jodhpur Lounge site this month, after it was successfully sold (prior to auction) by Enterprise Inns last year.

Anyone know what's planned there, another pub ?  Isn't looking like a supermarket or a puppy farm, so that's a plus.

sgk

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 07:17:18 PM »