Marple Health - for Wholefoods and Supplements to look GOOD and feel GREAT!

Author Topic: Jodhpur Lounge  (Read 26629 times)

u360213

Re: Jodhpur Lounge
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 07:24:12 AM »
Seems to have closed, anyone know for sure?

gazwhite

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 02:55:04 PM »
ah yep elpram - that's the leaflet I was talking about.

...Wheels... thats the leaflet I was talking about ;-)

elpram

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2012, 07:30:32 PM »
I presume that's the same as sgk posted earlier with the link to the Enterprise Inns site. The link in his e-mail didn't work but a search for the Rock on the Enterprise site brings up this tenancy opportunity:-

ROCK TAVERN MARPLE BRIDGE - Retail Partnership Tenancy
2.2 Miles
Guide Rent £32,000 pa

The Rock Tavern, a substantial stone built pub, is situated in the heart of the Peak District with panoramic views of the local countryside. The pub benefits from a bar, lounge and dining area together with external patio, beer garden and large car park.
 This is a rural destination pub attracting a broad customer base including people who wish to drink, dine or stay in the letting accommodation. There is significant scope to develop the business further with the right Publican on board. An ideal business opportunity exists for a Publican with enthusiasm and flair.

Rock Tavern,
Glossop Road,
Marple Bridge,
Stockport, Cheshire,
Greater Manchester,
SK6 5RX

wheels

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 06:18:31 PM »
Is it still open?? Had a leaflet through the doo that would suggest not...

Thats odd who would put out a leaflet saying we are not open. I cycled passed last weekend and it seemed to be open.

gazwhite

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 05:53:56 PM »
Is it still open?? Had a leaflet through the doo that would suggest not...

Djmell

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 09:10:31 PM »
A group of 8 of us went here and I can honestly say its some of the best Indian food I've had in the area

sgk

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2012, 07:14:49 PM »
Got a leaflet through the door today, "Hero Wanted", advert from Enterprise Inns to try find some soul to breathe some life into Rock Tavern.

Essentially, it was notification of their upcoming Open Day, next thursday.

http://www.enterpriseinns.com/Applicants/InformationDays/InformationDays/Pages/InformationDay-RockTavern-13-09-2012.aspx

alstan

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 05:53:00 AM »
I haven't opened this thread since I made the first post and I am pleased to see that, for most people, the experience has been the same as ours. I am a little puzzled by the post by Heritage on 9th March. I have travelled, and eaten, many times in Pakistan, India, Nepal, Bhutan and Bangladesh, as well as most Far East countries and I would say the that the food in the Jodhpur Lounge approaches the best of "genuine" Asian cuisine

alan@marple

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 09:08:55 AM »
We went with Friends on Friday evening 25th May. I had previous booked a table earlier in the day on the answerphone and as promised they called me back later on to confirm.

As has previously been mentioned, the decor was very nice, with beautiful summer evening views over the valley, smart and attentive staff keen to please.

A good choice of beer and lager, Becks, Kronenburg, Boddies etc and a fine selection of wines.

The food was excellent, I can't remember what the others had but it was enjoyed and I was especially delighted with my Chicken Chilli Tickka Massala.

I was interested to learn from a member of the staff, that the restaurant was leased from the brewers and that the "Rock" still functioned as a pub featuring Asian bar snacks ordered from the bar, without having to use the full restaurant facility- interesting!- I will try it.

I am hard to please! but I was well satisfied

mags

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 11:32:49 AM »
I visited the jodhpur lounge on the 06/04/2012 with my husband and friends, it was the first time we had eaten there and definately wont be the last. we found the food delicious and the service was very good. A very enjoyable night in all.

Heritage

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 10:51:22 PM »
To be fair, nobody would pretend that the curry offers anything approaching genuine Asian cuisine!!  ;D

gibsonterry45

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 05:31:59 PM »
enjoyed a really good lunch here last sunday. the restaurant is only a short walk from us. bill for two adults and two children came to £45 incl drinks, with their sunday lunch offer of £9.95/£5.95 which i thought was very good value. the decor is understated and tasteful with glorious views to the rear and the service from the friendly staff was very good. wife had chicken tikka masala and i ordered a chicken rogan, i can honestly say that the food here is as good as anything i have had on the curry mile and other parts of north manchester. the children also enjoyed their chicken nuggets and chips.

Belly

• Marple Cricket Club Website
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 01:29:06 PM »
I went a week last Friday with the Misses. She loved it and thought it better than the Purple Pakora. I'm not so sure. I think PP's food is slightly better, but I prefer the Jodhpur Lounge's ambiance. The staff were also very attentive.

For me, PP is too noisy and that bubble wall can be nauseating (at least it can be if you have had a few scoops before your meal).

Words are trains for passing through what really has no name...

Deniseam

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 12:18:30 PM »
We had a takeaway from this place this week.  Really enjoyed it - the aloo sag was the best we have had.  A little on the expensive side even with the 20% discount but a nice occassional treat.

Heritage

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 07:18:34 PM »
I can't comment on the 'eat-in' experience, but we placed a sizeable takeaway order last weekend and it was average at best. The guy behind the bar was nice enough but not particularly enthusiastic, which surprised me when I collected the order for a place which I'd have imagined was seeking to make its mark with any customer encounter. The food was in lidded plastic boxes; the rice was fine but the main courses were a level below, for instance, the Gulshan, which I've always found to be a sound no-nonsense option if the main aim is to stay really local.

For us, the best options remain either Indigo, Simply Indian in New Mills, or the Blue Nile, depending what your mood is [Indigo for fish dishes!].  :)