Marple Community Forum & Noticeboard
October 31, 2014, 10:09:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Main Site

News: Banner Adverts on this site raise £1,000 for Skatepark Project

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Murillo's Tapas Restaurant.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Romper  (Read 9498 times)
Dave

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2014, 02:48:53 PM »

The Romper is now closed.  Whether the closure is temporary or permanent is not clear - my hunch is that it may have closed for good.   Sad
Dizzy Penguin

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2014, 02:58:53 PM »

Sad to hear this, but not that surprised. It is soooooo quiet in there, very often empty in fact. As far as I could tell it only had decent custom on a hot sunny day, and sadly those are pretty rare around here!!

Although having said that they were advertising vacancies only last month, and tweeted an exciteable tweet only 4 days ago... although that was for offers on most drinks, so in hindsight was probably a stock clearance!
admin
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2014, 03:30:54 PM »

The Romper is now closed.  Whether the closure is temporary or permanent is not clear - my hunch is that it may have closed for good.   Sad

Our lady who runs the FoMMP tombola called in there last week to collect the prize they had said they would donate and they declined to hand it over, saying that the pub was being taken over by a different brewery. They did say which brewery and she thinks it may have been Lee's but we're not sure of that. It will be interesting to see if this proves to be correct.

Mark Whittaker

The Marple Website
Dave

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2014, 04:02:07 PM »

At the moment it is owned by Enterprise Inns, one of the huge so-called 'pubcos'.  If it's being taken over by a brewery that's probably good news.  As Dizzy Penguin says, it's been looking pretty run down recently. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Tweets by @marplewebsite