Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: No to a Supermarket Banner  (Read 12103 times)

JMC

Re: No to a Supermarket Banner
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 10:29:20 PM »
Can you get those 'Kitchen Sale' signs dragged down whilst you're at it ??

I'm all for supporting local business (as I do) but come on ! It's like a magical mystery tour leading to a shop. The trail starts in Bredbury and they are randomly just fitted at roadsigns, lamposts, etc! Shocking, drags the place down.

I agree they are annoying. I remember a few years back finding signs around Marple/Dan Bank for 'Christmas World' but not being able to work out where or what it was-didn't seem to lead anywhere logical! I guessed it was Wyevale but not sure!

daniel2034

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 01:04:02 PM »
Can you get those 'Kitchen Sale' signs dragged down whilst you're at it ??

I'm all for supporting local business (as I do) but come on ! It's like a magical mystery tour leading to a shop. The trail starts in Bredbury and they are randomly just fitted at roadsigns, lamposts, etc! Shocking, drags the place down.

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 11:29:47 AM »
Miss marple I meant about the things you have issues with on HERE!  :D  well done!

Miss Marple

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012, 01:08:36 AM »
 While I was at it I got the Bethell signs removed too from Stockport Rd (Top of Dan Bank ). It's amazing what you can do when you have got one friend.  Now I would be a real cause for concern if I could get two mates ?  How are you fixed for a long term friendship Dave old boy ?    ;)

Miss Marple

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 07:50:51 PM »
True Duke she does... however I'm not aware that Miss Marple has managed to actually convince stockport planning enforcement officers to actually DO what she wants!   Even when she gets one other person to agree with her... and I think that is the point here?
. Oh she will ! And she has !  Lol  :-*

Harry

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 11:07:10 AM »
Its not a case of how many people complained. They just pointed out to the council that it was unlawful, so they were duty bound to order its removal.

Surely if the banner was removed because it was in breach of the planning laws, then why not just apply for planning permission?

sooty2

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 09:58:35 AM »
So,if two people can complain and have it removed.Can three people complain about it's removal and get it put back?It was there with the land owners permission.

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 09:23:06 AM »
True Duke she does... however I'm not aware that Miss Marple has managed to actually convince stockport planning enforcement officers to actually DO what she wants!   Even when she gets one other person to agree with her... and I think that is the point here?

Miss Marple

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 12:59:13 PM »
This post has been overwritten as it does not contribute anything to the thread.
Please ensure your comments are relevant to the topic. Admin.

Duke Fame

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 10:41:23 AM »
Just found out via Planning Enforcement at SMBC that the No to a Supermarket Banner was taken down because TWO ! People complained to the council about it.    Lol !  You couldn't make it up could you ? It's made my day !

Whilst I'm sort if on your side re. Supermarket, the is a little bit of pot & kettle here. You are often a minority voice protesting about this and that demanding things done your way - trees, 17 windows etc

TINSLEY

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 04:47:03 PM »
look forward to seeing it driving up stockport road.

Miss Marple

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 01:42:17 PM »
That's an idea I will erect it on a flag pole

Djmell

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 09:48:43 AM »
I seem to recall that there is a planning law that says any permanent sign must be below a certain height and conform to a maximum size. I think you can have a sign that is taken down and erected on a daily basis.

Miss Marple

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 11:48:00 PM »
i intend to complain about every single politic poster for the next election.. and i expect my son will want to too  ;D

It might be the law of the land Dave but it had best be consistent!

Miss Marple.. what are those complaints based on?  who complained?  is there a FOI way of getting that info?  ;D
do some thing to deal with those complaints and put another one up in a slightly different place... Its a bureaucratic game using legal routes meant for different situations, but its a game that's very easy to play I expect.
Two people complained to planning enforcement to have the banner removed.  I think they were two people from the YES to a supermarket who complained but unsure.  I have requested names from SMBC to ensure that it was members of the public who complained and not just the council being awkward.  But i have plans for the banner which will be in more of a prominent position MY GARDEN !  It's going to be lit up with flashing lights !  It will be Marple's answer to Vegas it's a good job both my neighbours are against a supermarket.  Hope it doesn't  interfere with the flight path Lol

amazon

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 09:11:51 PM »
You can ask the council on what grounds were the banner removed,if they say it was a distraction well lets have all the for sale signs along that route removed as well....lets get cheeky...... :o

I think it will have been a planning issue.  You need planning consent to put up a big sign or banner.  An estate agent's 'for sale ' sign is small enough not to need planning permission, however. 
                Thats why they are now standard size do you remember when they were massive [going back a bit now ]