Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: big issue seller  (Read 9052 times)

Susan

Re: big issue seller
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 10:18:15 PM »
They both stand in Stalybridge aswell.

doc

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 10:17:23 PM »
this is my point amazon he seems to have made a living out of it  and yes we probably will get criticized for saying anything

I don't understand why this method of earning a living seems to cause you concern as it doesn't seem to be concern for his health, or the fact that he must get extremely cold and earn very little. There are many salespeople in Marple - earning a living. Perhaps I've read your post in the wrong way, it's hard to tell with the printed word. Maybe you are concerned that he hasn't managed to get a permanent job in more congenial surroundings yet. It's really hard to find work nowadays as you will appreciate.

heather

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 09:55:34 PM »
this is my point amazon he seems to have made a living out of it  and yes we probably will get criticized for saying anything

amazon

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 08:34:00 PM »
correct me if i am wrong and no doubt some of you will but i was allways under the impression that big issue sellers used it as a stepping stone to a more permanent job the chap that stands on market street has been there for years if its a steeping Stone its a hell of a big one

Try asking him.  Perhaps he's come a long way since starting selling the magazine, like Brian Rowe, navy veteran from HMS Cardiff who has sold it for five years and in the process no longer has to live on the streets.

YES but theres four of them selling big issues his wife if she is stands in ashton too sons  don't know were they are .so they must be taking a few pounds per week . i now suppose Will get a load of  hassle for saying this .do they have to sign on as such

sgk

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 08:19:22 PM »
correct me if i am wrong and no doubt some of you will but i was allways under the impression that big issue sellers used it as a stepping stone to a more permanent  job the chap that stands on market street has been there for years if its a steeping stone  its a hell of a big one

Try asking him.  Perhaps he's come a long way since starting selling the magazine, like Brian Rowe, navy veteran from HMS Cardiff who has sold it for five years and in the process no longer has to live on the streets.

heather

big issue seller
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 07:58:49 PM »
correct me if i am wrong and no doubt some of you will but i was allways under the impression that big issue sellers used it as a stepping stone to a more permanent  job the chap that stands on market street has been there for years if its a steeping stone  its a hell of a big one