As a bit of light relief, I thought I'd start a new topic. I grew up in Marple and have many happy memories of it (obviously the age of the rememberer gives them all a rosy hue!). Here are a few, and I was wondering what others people have
1. One year as part of the carnival celebrations the local shops had a 'spot the odd one out' competition in their display windows. For some of them it was quite tricky. Me and my brothers spent hours going round all the window displays.
2. They used to put on a summer show at the Carver, I was in it once, I played the butcher's wife in The Golden Goose!
3. Marple Library used to have this scheme for kids where you read books, then went and told the librarian all about the book you had read, and then you got certificates at different numbers of books read.
4. The boating lake in the memorial park (where the kids play area is now)
5. Going to swimming club at the Baths, and then nipping down to the Chocolate Box for a quarter of sweets from a jar