A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: MIA FUNDING  (Read 3861 times)

Miss Marple

Re: MIA FUNDING
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 12:59:23 PM »
Oh I think you can rest assured that it's all in order and all the correct procedures have been followed

Dave

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 09:59:27 AM »
I wouldn't worry about it, Miss M.   Essentially what I'm suggesting is that if a charity receives  charitable donations and then passes them on to a non-charitable organisation for other purposes, then that may be in breach of the Charity Commission's regulations.  But if that's a problem, it's the Civic Society's problem, not MIA's.    8)

Miss Marple

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 11:22:41 PM »
Miss M, I may have many failings, but I don't think I'm stupid.  I refer you to the MIA website, where visitors are invited to 'make a donation to Marple in Action towards campaign costs via registered charity Marple Civic Society'.

The point I was making, if I need to spell it out, is that the Civic Society, as a registered charity, has a number of tax and other financial privileges.  That's fine, but if MIA (which is not a registered charity) is receiving donations channelled though the Civic Society, which have therefore benefited from those privileges (such as tax rebates under gift aid), then that may amount to misuse of its charitable status by the Civic Society.  That's all.  

Too high tec for me Dave !  I am referring to the person who has now gone on the YES face book page quoting you in someway  saying MIA is  funded by a charity.  I also think she has posted it also on this forum but I am too tired to look where.  Night Night !

Dave

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 11:13:59 PM »
Miss M, I may have many failings, but I don't think I'm stupid.  I refer you to the MIA website, where visitors are invited to 'make a donation to Marple in Action towards campaign costs via registered charity Marple Civic Society'.

The point I was making, if I need to spell it out, is that the Civic Society, as a registered charity, has a number of tax and other financial privileges.  That's fine, but if MIA (which is not a registered charity) is receiving donations channelled though the Civic Society, which have therefore benefited from those privileges (such as tax rebates under gift aid), then that may amount to misuse of its charitable status by the Civic Society.  That's all. 

Miss Marple

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 10:45:01 PM »
It's OK Miss M, there's no need to SHOUT!  ;)

That's not shouting that's anger Dave !  Can not believe someone was stupid enough to think that MIA was funded by a charity !!!

Dave

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 10:28:32 PM »
It's OK Miss M, there's no need to SHOUT!  ;)

Miss Marple

MIA FUNDING
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 10:26:35 PM »
MIA IS NOT FUNDED BY A CHARITY IT IS FUNDED BY PUBLIC DONATIONS AND ONGOING FUND RAISING  AND A LOT OF HARD WORK BY PEOPLE DONATING THEIR OWN TIME AND SKILLS  SO ONCE AGAIN A HUGE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO CONTINUES TO SUPPORT MIA