Marple Glass and Glazing

Author Topic: bin collection.  (Read 2765 times)

Lisa Oldham

Re: bin collection.
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 10:25:14 PM »
i dont have a problem with my black bin... i'm very surprised they can empty my cardboard/paper bin i squash it so much!

and thanks Tina...  I have it on my wall now so they were out before it got dark! Not sure my neighbours know though!

tina

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 09:52:09 PM »
Blue and Brown bin are being emptied tomorrow if your collection day is monday

bat man

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 04:36:59 PM »
The recycling collection is still in its infancy in stockport,unfortunately its not possible to please everyone,try squashing the waste down in your black bin. :D

jethroh65

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 12:17:14 AM »
Finally a waste collection timetable hasn't been lost and has managed to be pinned on my wall!!

I generally just check what the neighbours have put out and follow suit.. always complaining that there's not enough tins, glass and plastics collections.  But previously these have been every 3 weeks haven't they?

Well they're not now! Once a month!  I recycle as fully as I can and so with 4 kids and myself easily fill my bin up within a week or so.  If people are recycling properly then I believe this must be a similar case for every normal sized family ( ie smaller than mine!)

There was a news story recently suggested Govt were trying to find a way of financing additional recycling collections so I find it really difficult to understand how Stockport council can justify reducing collections of the bulk of our waste!

For the record... my black bin is often full but just as often not every 2 weeks.. my huge green bin has 1 food waste bag in every week ( though i understand the need to collect every week and i do have a compost heap).. my paper bin is always full within 2 weeks. 
Brown bin as always been every 4 weeks. This the bin that is always overfull in my house.

Lisa Oldham

bin collection.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 11:02:58 PM »
Finally a waste collection timetable hasn't been lost and has managed to be pinned on my wall!!

I generally just check what the neighbours have put out and follow suit.. always complaining that there's not enough tins, glass and plastics collections.  But previously these have been every 3 weeks haven't they?

Well they're not now! Once a month!  I recycle as fully as I can and so with 4 kids and myself easily fill my bin up within a week or so.  If people are recycling properly then I believe this must be a similar case for every normal sized family ( ie smaller than mine!)

There was a news story recently suggested Govt were trying to find a way of financing additional recycling collections so I find it really difficult to understand how Stockport council can justify reducing collections of the bulk of our waste!

For the record... my black bin is often full but just as often not every 2 weeks.. my huge green bin has 1 food waste bag in every week ( though i understand the need to collect every week and i do have a compost heap).. my paper bin is always full within 2 weeks.